Scared to speak up to SFS TL

I have 4 docks so whenever I do the trailer from 3rd or second I do have a curve . But like I mention it was my mistake to think every store have electric skates where you wouldn’t need a pace setter since the thrower would push the boxes and the skates do their thing.
Yeah that makes sense my old store had electric skates which was nice but i rarely did the truck there.

So, Like @MrT I'm picturing what we called the CM (which I think meant Corner Man back in the Dark Ages but was shortened for obvious reasons).
This position was needed because came our our line came out of the truck then took a hard turn to start down the line.
I can't imagine ours was the only one to do that.
It needed someone at the 'corner' to keep everything flowing smoothly and at good speed.
They could also help sort, like during Christmas when you needed Xtra areas for toys.

But 90% of the time the CM was either the ETL Logistics or the TL Logistics.
They were the ones setting the pace.
Well, them and whoever was throwing the truck.
Yeah exactly rn overnight the tls have to work the corner because they dont have enough people on the truck, but yeah like everything else in target duties got pushed down the line so tls now are rarely on the truck line during regular days.

We have pacesetters at our store. When the SFS lead is out, they are responsible for assigning duties (prep, opu, pack, sort), making sure the break/meal schedule is followed and taking calls on missing items (we have a strict no INF rule). There is no addtl compemnsation at out store for the pacesetter.

Now this sounds more like the captains that I was talking about.

I have 4 docks so whenever I do the trailer from 3rd or second I do have a curve . But like I mention it was my mistake to think every store have electric skates where you wouldn’t need a pace setter since the thrower would push the boxes and the skates do their thing.

What are these 'electric skates' you speak of?
They must be a magic thing from a land where animals talk and a white witch gives you pastries that taste like a dream.

This year I stopped being an Pacesetter/Captain duties so nothing phased me anymore it’s actually better. Nomore ETLs and SDs constantly calling on you for update. I simply now just come to work and leave on time.

This is for trucks only
I only know it’s for fulfillment too because they printed out the official communication establishing the position when they offered it to me lol

Can you not go to your ETL about this stuff? As a fulfillment pacesetter, if there is anything that my TL is blind about I know that I can just go talk to my ETL. I barely have to open my mouth and she knows exactly what I'm there to talk about. Keep in mind that the wheels of Spot justice turn very slowly. When dealing with permanent TMs all the i's and t's have to be dotted and crossed. I know that a couple of veterans in my department are in the process of getting performanced out (they deserve it without any doubts), but it's a long process. We'll replace them with seasonals who are showing promise.

Talk to your ETL, let them know what's going on. They might already know and be on it.

What are these 'electric skates' you speak of?
They must be a magic thing from a land where animals talk and a white witch gives you pastries that taste like a dream.
Like I said I’ve never heard of pacesetter in any other position besides inbound which it was a position to push the boxes down the line . So electric skates you push the button and the boxes moves on its own .

I only know it’s for fulfillment too because they printed out the official communication establishing the position when they offered it to me lol
And was it called pacesetter or Captain? Because I think this is where everyone is confused 10-15 years ago pacesetter was a position for inbound where you had a person on the truck pushing boxes down the line , we also had a bulk person and receiving person and cardboard person .

Last edited:
And was it called pacesetter or Captain? Because I think this is where everyone is confused 10-15 years ago pacesetter was a position for inbound where you had a person on the truck pushing boxes down the line , we also had a bulk person and receiving person and cardboard person .
It was really called a pacesetter! I think they just recycled the term lol you’re not going crazy

Back