Archived schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone... so i recently joined target. and i really like it there. but i have been scheduled to work late at night and i dont know how to drive yet. so my father is ready to give lift, but for few days he is going out of state so i wont be able to work, as my parents are concerned about my safety. ( they dont want me coming after work so late at night) do you think i can talk this out with my leader? i had mentioned this to her during my interview.
im feeling very bad, this is my first job so i dont wanna lose it

Find a way to work or get someone to cover your shifts. Leaders dont make your schedule, the computer does.

also, maybe try to change your availability if it is going to be a consistent problem.

When you applied, you were asked your availability and the interview should have included discussion about your availability. So you were hired in part due to your ability to work those hours. It may seem harsh, but you agreed so it's time to learn to accept responsibility for your decisions. Can't your Mom pick you up?

It doesn't hurt to ask your team leader, but they will remember you for it, and not in a good way. Take the effort to try and swap with someone, then approach your leader. Target can be flexible, but only AFTER you have proven yourself to your leadership.

They will not look kindly on this. My suggestion is take a cab.

Once you get to work, most TMs will give you a ride home...at least at my store.

First off, are you a minor? Are you seasonal or under 90 days? If you are under 90 days, you cannot change you availability.

If you are a minor, and depending on your location, you shouldn't be allowed to work passed a certain time on school nights or any night.

You will have to either arrange a ride or swap your shifts out.

i had told this specifically during my interview. i had told my interviewer that for these many days il not be able to work past 11..is it still my fault?
i had told the exact dates too...

During the inteview, the first thing the ETL should have went over was your availability. There is also a spot where you sign to verify the availability is correct. If you believe the agreement is being breached it's Targets fault. If you signed an open availability or didn't write that down then you are at fault. I rarely hired someone that didn't have open availability however open availability minus an hour or two is still accepted, especially for younger kids/adults.

If you are a minor, under 18, then you might have a restriction on how late you can work. In our state you have to clock out by 11.

Talk to your ETL and let them know your struggle. Be open and honest to your leader.

Last edited:
Pfh what some people said is crap. I'm a minor and I agreed in the interview my availability and I changed it and never got talked to or written up over it. They would rather you fix it so they don't schedule you to work and you can't show up cause of no ride. Just change it

Pfh what some people said is crap. I'm a minor and I agreed in the interview my availability and I changed it and never got talked to or written up over it. They would rather you fix it so they don't schedule you to work and you can't show up cause of no ride. Just change it

You might be one of the lucky ones who works in a store not by Spot drones.
Lucky you.

Repeat this whenever you read a post, "Not all stores are the same."
The advice we give is based on the stores we've worked in and in the case of people who have been on the board for a long time what we've read about other peoples experiences.

Also, talk to your hr to assist you on this issue. Changing it on my time has become user unfriendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back