Archived Scheduled 6 days????

Status
Not open for further replies.
New schedule came out and they have a lot of hours to give out which is great! But it also has me working 6 days only day off is a school day which I am unavailable because I have classes for 8 hours. Anyway I was wondering if there was any target policy limiting the number of days they can schedule and employee? Wasn't sure about it but I'd like to have two days off have summer midterms coming up and don't want to have to call out.

Submit a time off request through MyTime at your store for the days you cant work.

Target policy is TMs getting one day off per calendar week (Sun-Sat).

To my knowledge there isn't a policy against only one day off a week. IF its a one time thing...then you could always put one of the shifts on the swap shift board and see what happens. IF it was to become a normal thing...I would go to your etl, tl and or hr and explain to them the situation. Ask them if they can look into it...if it still continues then I would just put in time off requests. I have been going through something similar. So, I simply put in time off requests I have discussed it with my etl...she doesn't seem to understand how frustrating it is ...so I just put in time off requests.

I have rotating weekends so I have a 6 day stretch every other week. Occasionally, the cycle gets thrown off (like inventory coming up) and I have to work 8 or more in a row. As long as you get one off per schedule.

Besides, once 4Q comes up, I'll gladly trade a day off for some sweet OT

Yesterday was the end 14 days straight, then I've got eight straight half openers after working graveyard shifts (starting tomorrow) at a temporary job.
What's sleep again?

As far as I know, none of the stores I worked at had/followed any policies about this. Although... If you go to HR and explain why it's an issue to you, that's a pretty effective way to bite it in the ass so it doesn't happen again. It worked for me, anyways.

I routinely work a six day run every other week. I just finished a nine day run. My ETL just finished a 14 day run. It happens.

I used to be on 12 and 2's (Sun to the following Fri) until I said something. I had also already been approved for the weekday off I requested. Now it looks like I'm going to work every Sunday and have every Friday and Saturday off. I don't know if it's better.

I'm in the middle of a 6 day followed by another 6 day~ I've gotten so used to it that I only complain after 8 or 9+ stretches. I don't care atm cause I have 10 days off coming up real soon :>

New schedule came out and they have a lot of hours to give out which is great! But it also has me working 6 days only day off is a school day which I am unavailable because I have classes for 8 hours. Anyway I was wondering if there was any target policy limiting the number of days they can schedule and employee? Wasn't sure about it but I'd like to have two days off have summer midterms coming up and don't want to have to call out.
There is no policy. I worked 35 days straight last summer. As long as you don't go over 40 hrs per week they don't care.

I'm in the middle of pulling a 6 day straight. I don't get a break until Tuesday. That's just how it works out sometimes. Now that I'm a TL I probably will be doing those a lot, but I like to work so it doesn't bother me at all.

Havent been off since june 1st my day off is gonna be on the 20th. It happens plus i lost 3 gsas so its only myself, the other (mentally challenged) sr gstl, and two gsa now

There is no policy. I worked 35 days straight last summer. As long as you don't go over 40 hrs per week they don't care.
This. I think I was over 40days straight, day off then I worked a crazy long shift before the Tina visit. Although we were giving out overtime. I'm still at 40hrs average on each paystub. It doesn't calculate over 40 apparently.

They don't care about your home life, quality of life or if its just stupid to drive in for a three hour shift. So long as it works for them they expect you to deal. MyTime is the root of all evil that is scheduling. Its further screwed by TLs trying to fix it for their favorites.

All states are not the same. California law, for example, says that if you work 7 consecutive work days in the same week (Sunday -> Saturday), you will receive overtime for the first 8 hours worked on the 7th day and double time anything over 8.

I've got two days left in my 6 day week. The worst I've worked is 12 days, one day off, then another 12.

Last edited:
Submit a time off request through MyTime at your store for the days you cant work.

Target policy is TMs getting one day off per calendar week (Sun-Sat).

Really? I've worked 11 days straight before...

Only a few states have a 5day work week rule. As for Target, they can schedule your 7 days a week as long as you stay under 40 hours.

I got scheduled 10 days in a row between days off last month nothing illegal about it and since I have open availability I had no issue with it I ill take as many hrs as they will give me

So apparently my boss wasn't supposed to schedule me for 13 days in a row. She got chewed out by the STL for scheduling me to receive 4 hours overtime that week, and I was told that I shall speak up the next time I notice that I'm scheduled more than 38.5 hours.

So apparently my boss wasn't supposed to schedule me for 13 days in a row. She got chewed out by the STL for scheduling me to receive 4 hours overtime that week, and I was told that I shall speak up the next time I notice that I'm scheduled more than 38.5 hours.
Take the overtime. Oh, I didn't notice it..

I shall speak up the next time I notice that I'm scheduled more than 38.5 hours.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

no.

I work what I'm scheduled. You (or any other TM) shouldn't be expected to police the TLs and make sure they're doing their jobs right, that's the job of their boss. If they're concerned about OT, it's their responsibility to prevent it from happening, not yours, especially if you were scheduled that many hours to begin with.

I work what I'm scheduled. You (or any other TM) shouldn't be expected to police the TLs and make sure they're doing their jobs right, that's the job of their boss. If they're concerned about OT, it's their responsibility to prevent it from happening, not yours, especially if you were scheduled that many hours to begin with.
Disagree. Everyone should know that Target is super against overtime. If you see more than 40 hours you should be speaking up to your TL or whoever writes the schedule. Yes, they should catch it, but you should also let them know if something weird is on your schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back