Archived Scheduled 6 days????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. Everyone should know that Target is super against overtime. If you see more than 40 hours you should be speaking up to your TL or whoever writes the schedule. Yes, they should catch it, but you should also let them know if something weird is on your schedule.
NOT. How should someone know this? Is that in the employee handbook? Just the boss making the employee do the bosses job.

NOT. How should someone know this? Is that in the employee handbook? Just the boss making the employee do the bosses job.
During orientation, TMs should be informed that Target discourages overtime because they want to minimize costs ensure work/life balance. I also make t known during interviews that they will not be working overtime. Someone should catch those mistakes before the schedule is published. Oversight happens. We don't live in a perfect world where errors are never made. If you're scheduled for 52.5 hours one week, you don't normally work over 35, and no one asked you about working that much, then you should probably say something.

Besides that, everyone's max hours on their availability can only go up to 40. Where are the people complaining that they're scheduled outside their availability then?

Last edited:
No, we don't live in a perfect world, we work at Target. If I were scheduled over 40 hours, I would "oversight" that that error and accept the consequences of a larger paycheck

No, we don't live in a perfect world, we work at Target. If I were scheduled over 40 hours, I would "oversight" that that error and accept the consequences of a larger paycheck
Well make it count, because you'll only get it once. Be prepared to have a conversation after that about how Target doesn't normally pay overtime and you need to let your TL know if you are scheduled for more than 40 hours or and/or are approaching OT. That's if you're not cut before you reach OT anyway since HR has to print the projected overtime report daily.

Well make it count, because you'll only get it once. Be prepared to have a conversation after that about how Target doesn't normally pay overtime and you need to let your TL know if you are scheduled for more than 40 hours or and/or are approaching OT. That's if you're not cut before you reach OT anyway since HR has to print the projected overtime report daily.

Consider me forewarned. I've seen people on the report for .02 hrs of OT.

I mean, maybe your store doesn't care about overtime. Anything is possible lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back