Archived Scheduled for inventory and signing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only worked 2 weeks so far and have been in hardlines but now my schedule is saying I'm scheduled for inventory? We already had our inventory date so I'm not sure what this really means. Also I was scheduled for signing at 4am and I'm wondering if that's normal? I'm going to ask about it but do you guys usually get random 4am shifts? I usually work closing or sometime in the middle of the day

Maybe they are scheduling you in workcentres when they know you will be doing a different task? Who knows these days

The signing 4am shift (I'm guessing it's on a Sunday) is for putting up ad signs. It's super simple and they'll give you a rundown the morning of.
Inventory could be a multitude of things and as @Hardlinesmaster said, detail zoning is definitely a possibility as is CAF pushing or FDC truck. It all depends on how your store uses those schedule categories.

The signing 4am shift (I'm guessing it's on a Sunday) is for putting up ad signs. It's super simple and they'll give you a rundown the morning of.
Inventory could be a multitude of things and as @Hardlinesmaster said, detail zoning is definitely a possibility as is CAF pushing or FDC truck. It all depends on how your store uses those schedule categories.
That's is what they did at my store. No ad setup.

What do you mean? You got scheduled signing at 4am but they had you detail zone?

Thanks! Yes it's on a Sunday...but is that normal? Just getting a random 4am shift when I've mostly worked closing? Is detail zoning super zoning? And what is FDC truck?

For a hardlines TM, it's pretty normal and it's a great way to pick up a couple hours. It will only occur on Sundays since that's when the new ad goes up (well, potentially the Monday after Easter since we'll be closed on Sunday). Check with the TL leading the ad but you can often use headphones and listen to music while you're putting up signs (not always allowed and totally depends on your store).

Detail zoning is just a super through zone to make the store look perfect. Such detail is often associated by a high profile visit.

FDC stands for Food Distribution Center. Basically, it's how your store gets all its cold food and produce. Some stores get their refer truck from C&S so those acronyms can potentially be used interchangeably. So if you're helping with the FDC, you're just stocking all the frozen and refrigerated goods.

At my store inventory is pushing the fdc truck. Pfresh food truck simple and easy the team will help you out.

For a hardlines TM, it's pretty normal and it's a great way to pick up a couple hours. It will only occur on Sundays since that's when the new ad goes up (well, potentially the Monday after Easter since we'll be closed on Sunday). Check with the TL leading the ad but you can often use headphones and listen to music while you're putting up signs (not always allowed and totally depends on your store).

Detail zoning is just a super through zone to make the store look perfect. Such detail is often associated by a high profile visit.

FDC stands for Food Distribution Center. Basically, it's how your store gets all its cold food and produce. Some stores get their refer truck from C&S so those acronyms can potentially be used interchangeably. So if you're helping with the FDC, you're just stocking all the frozen and refrigerated goods.
Thanks so much! I really don't mind the 4am shift since it's only 4 hours but it seemed odd at first.

This sounds like an Ad-set shift. Although a lot of our hours for ad-set fall under both inventory and training.

Which explains how well training is dealt with in our store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back