Archived scheduled outside of my availability

Status
Not open for further replies.
This probably happens to everyone, but I was scheduled outside of my availability on 5/15 in a work center I am still not comfortable in (at least for more than four hours). 4 to close when I usually never work past 7 on fridays.

Should I bring this up with my HR or will I get backlash? I agree to stay sometimes but this is very, very much later than what I have ever agreed to on this day.

"Hey HR just a heads up I'm on the schedule for Wednesday and that's outside my availability. Should I update it in the system? I know sometimes that stuff gets reset."

Innocent act. Definitely. My tl does it all the time, but a quick "hey you made an oops, can we switch it to this instead" always works.

No backlash if it is actually outside your official availability and not just, "oh, I normally don't get scheduled that late."

At my store the response would be...

"So are you saying you can't work it? Because hours are real tight and we were just trying to help you get hours. You can do it just this one time right?"

Don't fall for it. If you work it once they will continue to schedule you outside of your availability. At least my store would.

"So are you saying you can't work it? Because hours are real tight and we were just trying to help you get hours. You can do it just this one time right?"

Don't fall for it. If you work it once they will continue to schedule you outside of your availability. At least my store would.
Exactly what they've pulled at my store. People that were unavailable certain days & weekends decided to work 4th quarter because our old boss asked for help. When he left he told our team lead not to worry about anybody's availability because we were all available all the time. That's when the unenforceable no call no shows happened.

I hate it when they do this. But out HR in are store is great about fixing it. Sometimes I will just put it on the swap shift board and if no one takes it after a few days then I will let HR know that way it gives someone who needs hours a chance to get some more :)

I sometimes let them schedule me past my availability an hour after I'm supposed to leave on fridays, but I said 11 was too late. I also said I'd work half the shift but no later than that. They told me to put half of the shift on the swap board and ask those who knew how to work the service desk to work for me. I said I'd put it on the swap, but it isn't my responsibility to ask. They goofed my availability and I just can't work later that that on a friday. I am usually a "yes man" to most things but this a big no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back