Archived Scheduled outside work center

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am primarily in a workcenter that Target has deemed non important and make $11 an hour. I am being scheduled in beauty/softlines Occasionally when hours are low where they all make 11.50plus. Is this right, should I even say anything, I don’t know if it will even matter? This happen to anyone else?

You can work in another work center. You'll only receive a bump in pay if that new work center is majority of your shifts.

If you work 6 days, 4 at $11 work center, 2 at $11.50 work center.. Then your pay remains $11. Tell them you want to move work centers if you want a bump in pay

If you're working there the majority of your shifts you COULD ask if you could be switched over there to get the pay bump HOWEVER, they could do like my store & simply stop scheduling you there because you dared ask.

You can work in another work center. You'll only receive a bump in pay if that new work center is majority of your shifts.

If you work 6 days, 4 at $11 work center, 2 at $11.50 work center.. Then your pay remains $11. Tell them you want to move work centers if you want a bump in pay

It's not automatic though so even if she works 5 days in the 11.50 she will still get 11 an hour.

The general rule of thumb is that if you work over 50% of your shifts in a higher paying workcenter as an ongoing thing you have the right to request they adjust your workcenter and pay rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back