Scheduling out of availability

I havw a lot of TMs complain that they are being scheduled out of their availability.

I also thought if HR did this it would be flagged and you would have to manually override it.

Is this true?

I havw a lot of TMs complain that they are being scheduled out of their availability.

I also thought if HR did this it would be flagged and you would have to manually override it.

Is this true?
It was true when I was making the schedule, not that I had access to override anything, but my ETL did and frequently took advantage of it, totally disregarding availabilities and failing to inform anyone of the changes, of course. And chaos reigned…🙄

It was true when I was making the schedule, not that I had access to override anything, but my ETL did and frequently took advantage of it, totally disregarding availabilities and failing to inform anyone of the changes, of course. And chaos reigned…🙄
We lost quite a few front end/drive up folks because of this & an ETL got called on the carpet for it but it was too little too late.

Of course you could ASK the TM whether then could come in earlier and/or stay later but management rather be lazy.

I found out accidentally that I have to work to Midnight for the next couple of weeks and was livid.

Yes I realize my availability has me to able to work until then BUT I had no idea we were starting that so soon.

We already lost some people because they scheduled them out of their availability.

Also I mentioned in another thread that a lot of closers are minors and will be gone by 9:30 PM anyway.

Yes I realize my availability has me to able to work until then BUT I had no idea we were starting that so soon.
I don't normally side with an ETL on mess-ups, but (1) this doesn't sound like a mess-up on their side and (2) it's not even a mess-up at all.

Just as you'd expect the ETL to respect your availability, they expect you to have it up-to-date in myTime Self Service. Additionally, the holiday hours have been known for over a month before your original post.

^^^^ not if you have that availability in the system. I wouldn't ask if you truly really can stay until the time you have as available — but I would ask if you'd be okay staying past that time.

No. I don’t agree. I think it is courtesy because staying 2 extra hours at closing when a good chunk of closers have a day job or school is far different than asking the openers to come in one hour early.

Back