Scheduling/Availability

I know this varies from store to store but do they allow you to work everyday? I’m asking because I know some people have their availability open but still end up with a day off.

Nope. It can happen during 4th quarter when things are pretty crazy that a TM can end up having a shift 8 or 9 days in a row, but that's not scheduled - more likely happens when shifts are open and need to be filled.
But it's really not healthy to work every day. We all need a break and time to take care of things at home, spend time with family, etc.

Target expects Fulltimers to have full open availability; part timers open weekend availability.

Depending on some states, they require time and half if you work 10-12+ hours or 7 days.

From what I recall I worked 6 straight in a business week several times.
Other times, I have had schedules Sun and Mon off, work Tues-Sat. Then the next week work Sun-Thurs.

Last edited:
Target expects Fulltimers to have full open availability; part timers open weekend availability.

Depending on some states, they require time and half if you work 10-12+ hours or 7 days.

From what I recall I worked 6 straight in a business week several times.
Other times, I have had schedules Sun and Mon off, work Tues-Sat. Then the next week work Sun-Thurs.
At my store over the years we had numerous team members who were full time and did not have full open availability. Leaders approved there availability so, I guess they were okay with that.

Target wants you to open your availability so you they can schedule your whenever they want.

Opening up your availability does not guarantee more hours.

I changed my availability so I wouldn't start until 2:00.

The reason I did that is they otherwise would have been come in five different times over five days.

Absolutely true, no matter how hard they try to sell it that way. Usually it just guarantees crappier hours.🙁
Target wants you to open your availability so you they can schedule your whenever they want.

The reason I did that is they otherwise would have been come in five different times over five days.
thanks for your input!! Even though you were only scheduled 5 days, was it easy to pick up shifts if you wanted those extra hours?

Target won't schedule you more than 5 days in a calendar week. You can pick up additional shifts, assuming you stay under 40, or OT is approved. Different weeks doesn't matter. I've done 10 days straight with my days off bookending it (Sun and Mon, and Fri and Sat, like buliSBI)

Changed my availability to a similar time and it's been awesome. Since I close they are just happy to have someone who wants to work exclusively nights with decent hours available.

Target won't schedule you more than 5 days in a calendar week. You can pick up additional shifts, assuming you stay under 40, or OT is approved. Different weeks doesn't matter. I've done 10 days straight with my days off bookending it (Sun and Mon, and Fri and Sat, like buliSBI)
It’s rare but at my store they will schedule team members 6 days in a week. Usually it’s 6 short shifts. Doesn’t happen often but, it does happen.

Back