School leave or any leave

Hey guys , so I am wanting to take a leave but it isn’t really a specific leave but I just need a mental break and also to focus on school. I am full time in school and full time working and also trying to have a social life. I would need like 2-4 weeks off . Could I just ask to be on a personal leave without paper work or anything , but just that I need a mental break and also need to focus on my final free weeks of school? Or is there some other unwritten leaves I could take at all that isn’t on the target benefit website . I never have taken a leave and I have been here 5+ years .

Hey guys , so I am wanting to take a leave but it isn’t really a specific leave but I just need a mental break and also to focus on school. I am full time in school and full time working and also trying to have a social life. I would need like 2-4 weeks off . Could I just ask to be on a personal leave without paper work or anything , but just that I need a mental break and also need to focus on my final free weeks of school? Or is there some other unwritten leaves I could take at all that isn’t on the target benefit website . I never have taken a leave and I have been here 5+ years .
I'm not sure what's the best way of going about it but I've seen plenty of people take personal loas especially within the last year or 2. Easiest way is to have your doctor sign off on it but can probably be done other ways. I doubt you can get it paid but if you have vacation time you can use that.

How cooperative is the leadership at your store? If I asked for this at my store, I'm pretty sure it'd be approved and be largely a non-issue with no doctor's note needed. The only problem might be getting back onto the schedule, not out of any "getting back at you for leaving us in a lurch" motive, but just because the schedule is often copied and pasted from one week to the next. And I wouldn't need to go through the hassle of making a doctor appointment, etc.
Maybe just talk to HR and see what hoops, if any, you need to jump through.

When it comes to anything health, FMLA is your best option. It is in fact for medical reasons, including mental health. But your doctor would have to fill out paperwork. It will protect your position, and avg hours and will be paid. Personal leave is an option but unpaid and at the store discretion.

Last edited:
Back