Archived School Supplies sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, does anyone know if there's going to be a big school supplies sale coming up soon? I know that crayons were really cheap last week, but what about the licensed notebooks, folders, backpacks, etc? Since the real BTS rush hasn't started yet, it seems likely to me that there would be some kind of big sale to draw in crowds closer to August.

Our rush is starting this week. In general the sales will continue for the next month with supplies either being on the list continually or they will rotate on and off.

With corporate's seemingly big fascination with coupons lately, it wouldn't surprise me to see a coupon of five or ten dollars off when you buy so much in school supplies (instantly ticking off everyone who had all of their shopping done).

Our rush usually starts around the first part of Aug.. .and peaks around the middle of the month and tapers off around the end. However, we have had more early birds this year than normal so maybe people are planning in advance. I know last year with Halloween there were some really good coupons via cartwheel the week prior of Halloween....so I could see spot doing that with back to school.

Our rush is starting this week. In general the sales will continue for the next month with supplies either being on the list continually or they will rotate on and off.

With corporate's seemingly big fascination with coupons lately, it wouldn't surprise me to see a coupon of five or ten dollars off when you buy so much in school supplies (instantly ticking off everyone who had all of their shopping done).
This. I'm not sure if the coupons are genius or a sign of desperation.

It's going to be same with stuff targeted toward college students. I had a guest get mad because she bought all the stuff for her daughter early and it was on sale this week. It's past the period where we'd just adjust the price and she'd have to bring it all back to and rebuy it to get the sale price.

But one of the first weeks of August there will probably be a huge sale and BTS will look like a tornado crashed a train carrying nuclear weapons.

Last edited:
Nope, I was wrong. I cashiered today and noticed the Catalinas are spitting out $5 off when you spend $25 on school supplies.

Tax free only covers clothes in my state. No accessories. No school supplies.

No bleeping way I'd shop for back to school supplies on Tax Free Weekend. F-that. It's bedlam in Seasonal at that time.

Hey, does anyone know if there's going to be a big school supplies sale coming up soon? I know that crayons were really cheap last week, but what about the licensed notebooks, folders, backpacks, etc? Since the real BTS rush hasn't started yet, it seems likely to me that there would be some kind of big sale to draw in crowds closer to August.

The best deals for Back-to-School supplies is during the clearance markdown periods which happens in Summer and January (at least in California). The timing might be off for when the schools start and the clearance period but you can be proactive and purchase 75% off backpacks for the little junior that enters middle school and will need it next year. If you really want to know, ask the Price Change or Plano Team Leader when they do markdowns for those departments. We have guests that call on those markdown days asking if the BTS product has taken an additional markdown. :)

Requesting price match on Wal-mart will also save you mucho $$$

The ad next week is like 7600+ I'm assuming most of that is for BTS.

I've been noticing those coupons too, RG. Honestly it's ridiculous. I think all these coupons and cartwheel offers are what's killing our sales and making the forecasts so dang difficult to reach

I'm told that next weeks ad features a buy $25 worth of school supplies, get a $5 gift card...brace yourselves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back