Archived Screw jeans - I just want to wear black pants, please

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lead designated to enforce the dress code at our store said absolutely no black pants. Also, denim blue jeans only, no blue pants in any other material. And no khaki colored denim.
And HOW do they determine it's khaki colored "denim"?

That lead is setting his/her store up to catch a case.

Wear black pants that kinda look like jeans or just yaknow, wear black pants. With jeans being available all year, and literally any color jeans mind you, I highly doubt people are going to be paying attention to what pants you wear anymore. Just the red and the nametag.

Corporate did not say blue jeans only so if ur stores being a dick about it well, that sucks i guess lol

I highly doubt people are going to be paying attention to what pants you wear anymore. Just the red and the nametag.

Corporate did not say blue jeans only so if ur stores being a dick about it well, that sucks i guess lol

I agree and I feel the dress code will be non-existent aside from a Red Shirt and Nametag eventually. But for now it's Dark Denim only, that's how it's been. I understand that there isn't very formal communication outside of a Tweet and some district chats, but still.

Wear black pants that kinda look like jeans or just yaknow, wear black pants. With jeans being available all year, and literally any color jeans mind you, I highly doubt people are going to be paying attention to what pants you wear anymore. Just the red and the nametag.

My store put up a sign about the revised dress code that I posted in the Jeans forever thread a few days ago.
"DO: Wear blue jeans
DONT: Wear black jeans"

I saw some black pants yesterday. I'm just waiting for the day that someone shows up in black yoga pants (since they're not leggings). I think the black denim is decided per store.

I saw some black pants yesterday. I'm just waiting for the day that someone shows up in black yoga pants (since they're not leggings). I think the black denim is decided per store.

Handbook specifically prohibits lycra pants, you hope people get the point yoga pants aren't a good idea either.

Just do what people in my store do. They get the most darkest blue jean ever to exist. When an ETL questions it, they shine their phone light on the jeans to show its blue and not black.

And HOW do they determine it's khaki colored "denim"?

That lead is setting his/her store up to catch a case.

Exactly. Why anyone cares to that extent about a damn pair of pants is beyond me.

Just do what people in my store do. They get the most darkest blue jean ever to exist. When an ETL questions it, they shine their phone light on the jeans to show its blue and not black.

One of our GSAs did just that. The day after we all got the speech about the dress code, she showed up with those super dark ones on. So of course several TMs who couldn't see the blue pointed it out saying "if she gets to wear black then so do I" which prompted the dress code enforcer to check her jeans.

I was thinking that depending on your work center or position, you can wear certain things.

Flow, Backroom, Food Ave (if still around),.... TMs - Red&Jeans. Don't you just hate getting grease, dirt, dust on good khaki.
SB - Standard wear
Floor, Cashier,.... TMs - Red & Khaki
Execs - All Red & Black
District and Region - All Red; that way stores can see them coming.

The dress code at my store is khaki and red. The weekends (Saturday and Sunday) only we can wear jeans. The special times we can wear jeans is during the holidays. But due to the sales goal from December, we got to wear jeans last month. The biggest worry was the ear buds. Some TMs would wear them all day. So HR posted a long list of the dress code.

According to my ETL, the reason we're now limited to khaki or blue jeans, along with getting rid of red shirts with non-Target writing is, well, Target HQ thinks guests are a lot more observant than they are. Theory is if we limit in this way guests will be less likely to ask that random lady in a red vest and black pants if she works here and would make a beeline for us, and not ask us if we work here.

According to my ETL, the reason we're now limited to khaki or blue jeans, along with getting rid of red shirts with non-Target writing is, well, Target HQ thinks guests are a lot more observant than they are. Theory is if we limit in this way guests will be less likely to ask that random lady in a red vest and black pants if she works here and would make a beeline for us, and not ask us if we work here.
when I worked at target there was a guest who worked at chili’s restaurant next door that would come to target during their lunch break and constantly get asked by guests if they worked there because of their red work shirt and black pants. She actually had our etl approach them for help with something before the etl realized she didn’t work there lol.

I can be in all black, headphones on, food in hand, a F U face on and I’m still asked “you work here?”. It really doesn’t seem to matter. If you have a walkie or a zebra you’re going to be stopped. My favorite line is “I know you probably on break but.....”

I don’t see why they make blue vs black a big deal.

Exactly. Why anyone cares to that extent about a damn pair of pants is beyond me.

One of our GSAs did just that. The day after we all got the speech about the dress code, she showed up with those super dark ones on. So of course several TMs who couldn't see the blue pointed it out saying "if she gets to wear black then so do I" which prompted the dress code enforcer to check her jeans.

I am in the camp of "Is your ass covered? Are the pants not ripped up?" Answers yes to both questions? I am good with what you have on.

I can NOT shop at my own store, ever. We have so many regular guests that recognize me. I could be wearing NO red or kahki ,have a coat on, my purse, a coffee in one hand, my phone in the other and I STILL get asked questions.

Same! When I actually do some shopping after my shifts, I always forget things cause I’m trying to rush and get the hell out of there lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back