Archived SD at lanes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all

I am sure that I have seen this posted here before and am just not finding it. Just got the word the other day that they are moving our service desk to the lanes. I can see the pluses and minuses of this. Anyone out there care to put in there 2 cents about how this working or working in their store.

Time to run screaming into the night.........or down the lanes.

We've had our Integrated Guest Service for about a month now. It was one of the first moves they made on the sales floor during our remodel. I'm not up at the lanes too much, but from what I've seen it doesn't seem too bad so far. The service desk is basically part of the checklanes now, so it makes it a lot easier for our GSTL/GSA's to monitor what's going on up front, and they can get to cashiers and guests in need a lot faster as well. There's also almost always an express lane open now, and the guests seem to like that too. We're using smart carts instead of regular shopping carts to sort reshop now, which is a blessing and a curse. It's easier to sort your reshop into a somewhat organized mess, but the carts fill up quicker than the old ones. Our photo kiosk and gift registry area is still where the old GS desk once was, and guests get annoyed that there isn't anyone immediately available over there to help them out, and it's also harder for the GSTL to watch over there as well. Our saver spot area is behind the checklanes now, and it doesn't seem like our cashiers would be able to get over there to zone and still be able to keep an eye out for guests... Not sure how they're handling that yet. I'm waiting until the holidays come and go to give it my final grade, but as of right now it's alright. I'm not jumping for joy over it, but I don't hate it either.

We've had our Integrated GS since the middle of May. This happened with our store remodel, too.
I'm not too thrilled with the move..as looseseal has said, the photo lab and the registry kiosks are so far away that the only time we know that someone needs help is for them to come to GS and say that they need help. Oh...doing the bathroom check is time consuming in that it takes a persoon away from the GS area.

The reshop sorting in the smart carts is very annoying to me. They fill up pretty quickly.....especially with back to school reshop.....and don't even get me started on how the sales floor members have to come to empty the smart carts into a regular cart.

The new area that's behind GS is not very big (the smart carts & then the cart for defectives) and it gets full way too quickly.

When we have returns now, the process is very cumbersome. When a guest returns an item we have to take the item behind our "new" GS area and put it in reshop. Also, the garbage cans for recycle bags & hangers is at one end and the register we use most is at the other end. Before when a guest returned an item, all we had to do was turn around, take a couple of steps, toss the return item in its appropriate cart and then turn back to the next guest. Now, I find that I don't have the time to put stuff back between returns and so the counter area gets full pretty quickly.

The printers for the "toss" , "salvage", "CRC" are not in a place that gives us room to get the stickers and then place the items in the correct location.
The bags we use for placing items in are now sitting on a shelf and we have to pick-up the roll each time we need a bag. Before, our bags fit nicely in a drawer and it was easy to pull the bags and the strip ties without any problems.

Guests are still confused with the "new" return area...and people want to check-out at the return desk when they have 50 items. We really try to tell people that the return area checkout are for 10 items or less.

We can't see One Spot from the checklanes so it is difficult to try to get it zoned.

And somehow it seems that, even though GS is right next to the check lanes, the GS desk is left uncovered for long periods of time. And it can be just as difficult for the GSTL or the GSA to get free from GS to come over to help at a register.....especially when we need to get a DPCI & a price check.

As far as I am concerned, I think that the idea of the integrated GS is a good one, but they way it has ended-up being set-up is a royal pain in the neck.

In our store, we generally only have one person at GS...so that really makes things difficult with the registries and photo lab.

Scary remodel at the store near my work.

I just went in yesterday to pick up some things and they were in the middle of remodeling the front. FA was remodeled 6 months ago. And Pfresh and Photo was installed a couple years ago.

But they moved Service Desk to the lanes to make it a integrated SD. And replacing it with a StarBucks.

The integrated SD looks awful. Its just a big boxed in area with 5-6 foot walls (in between One Spot/Cart Well/Lanes) with reshop carts and 3 registers for returns/express. The reshop area looks like a bomb shelter.

^^^ yep, this is how it looks at my store.

First day of SD at the lanes went okay. HQ mistakenly set-up lanes 1 and 2 for this, rather than 3 and 4. Looks that has been fixed.

The old SD is being used to house the returns. Only downside is that they have be carted over there and then sorted.

Closing GSA said she liked being to see the lanes while giving a lunch or break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back