Archived Seasonal cashier questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I was hired for a seasonal cashier position 2 weeks ago and love it. Ive done customer service my whole life but this is 1st retail position.
Ive already started trying to show that i am a valuable employee (picking up shifts and coming in early when asked) in an effort to help my chances

What else can i do and hypothetically how many seasonal cashiers do they keep after the holidays?

-be on time or get there early
-stay later when asked, come in early when called
-keep a change of red & khaki in your car & always answer your phone, even if you have to say 'no'
-let HR know when you have a day off that you want to pick up shifts
-ask every guest EVERY time about opening a red card
-avoid store politics & gossip; when someone talks trash say nothing more than "What a shame!" (lesson from my grandmother)
-take up any offer for training in other areas; being global gets you recognized
-work hard & never be afraid to ask questions
This is a start.

Thanks. It is so hard to sell redcards but i am pushing, surprisingly many arent aware there is debit version which i try to sell them on more lol.
I also am picking up shifts, doing other tasks such as helping other cashiers and letting guests know about promos to save money.

I graduate with my paralegal studies degree in May 2016 but I defintely see myself doing part time target in addition to any paralegal job i get.

I was asked to stay so YAY!! I havent figured out how many other seasonal cashiers but Im so happy. I will defintely be staying at the least till I graduate college in the Spring but maybe even afterwards at least 10 hrs. A week to continue to get discount as we try to start a family...

Im happy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back