Surcharge question?

I want to get health insurance but I smoke (stupid I know). It says there’s an 800 dollar surcharge, is that all at once? Or does it stretch it out over a year? Do any of you pay the surcharge? And does anyone have experience with this? I’ve never done my own insurance.

Lol meant to say cold turkey . But I did use to smoke 2 packs of cigarettes a day . It’s was about 140$ a week . Once I quit is when I started to realized I had more money 😂
Same for me with wine. I spent a fortune on it, because I wasn't drinking Barefoot unless that's all they had at the party, lol.

I loved trying new wines and would spend anywhere from 20 - 50 dollars a bottle - I even spent $100 on a few. Of course, I had plenty of 10 - 15 dollar ones as well.

Quit over a year ago and now I have more money to spend on home decor. 😁

Same for me with wine. I spent a fortune on it, because I wasn't drinking Barefoot unless that's all they had at the party, lol.

I loved trying new wines and would spend anywhere from 20 - 50 dollars a bottle - I even spent $100 on a few. Of course, I had plenty of 10 - 15 dollar ones as well.

Quit over a year ago and now I have more money to spend on home decor. 😁
Yeah I don't buy alcohol much either, it's so expensive. Occasionally I'll get a cocktail if I go out for dinner. Sometimes, we'll get the family together for a big pasta dinner or pizza, and a nice bottle of Pinot Noir goes great with that. But those are like once a month occurrences. I'm sure I'll have a couple beers during the Super Bowl on Sunday, but I average 2-3 drinks per month at most.

$800 in one check. If you didn't make $800, sorry buddy, pay up.

Just kidding. I was curious though, does this include weed?

Back