Question about Wages...

I am interested in seeing how wages change according to the store hierarchy? I know entering TM's in Maine make 16/hour, and TL's make about 20/hr but can someone tell me how much a TL can make, like what is the cap for a TL's wage?

What about department and store leaders too? I know they make a salary at those levels but they can't be very good... at the very least I would appreciate someone referring me to a thread discussing wages.

Thank you!

I am interested in seeing how wages change according to the store hierarchy? I know entering TM's in Maine make 16/hour, and TL's make about 20/hr but can someone tell me how much a TL can make, like what is the cap for a TL's wage?

What about department and store leaders too? I know they make a salary at those levels but they can't be very good... at the very least I would appreciate someone referring me to a thread discussing wages.

Thank you!
It varies so much depending on area that it's hard to even answer. Tms will make 15 to up to 19 starting. Tls could be 4 to 8 dollars more then that starting. It's even more convoluted for salary as management experience can greatly change what you are making.

I've been with Target 20 years, and a TL for 16+. Never hit a cap, but there have been tons of increases for different reasons over the years. Despite that, there are TMs in my store that make more than me. i.e. ~$35/hour. So I wouldn't worry too much about caps as long as you get good reviews each year.

I've been with Target 20 years, and a TL for 16+. Never hit a cap, but there have been tons of increases for different reasons over the years. Despite that, there are TMs in my store that make more than me. i.e. ~$35/hour. So I wouldn't worry too much about caps as long as you get good reviews each year.
You have regular TMs that make 35 dollars an hour?! How is that even possible? Is their last name Dayton?

You have regular TMs that make 35 dollars an hour?! How is that even possible? Is their last name Dayton?
Easy . I had a tm who’s been with Target for 25 years , than got promoted to receiving when it had a raise , than tl which came with 5 $ raise , then demoted kept the pay , outstanding reviews every year , then promoted again to tl and other 6$ raise then demoted again and kept pay .

What allnew2 said is essentially how it happened. A 30+ veteran who had been a TL at one point, stepped down, but continued to get outstanding reviews. And also our Rev Log Expert. Does an outstanding job, so I'm not too phased by it. They provide a lot of value to our store with essentially no involvement from others.

Easy . I had a tm who’s been with Target for 25 years , than got promoted to receiving when it had a raise , than tl which came with 5 $ raise , then demoted kept the pay , outstanding reviews every year , then promoted again to tl and other 6$ raise then demoted again and kept pay .
How were they able to keep their pay after demoting? I lost $4/hour after demoting. I've since gotten very good reviews so I have more than made that up.

20 years and $28.57. There have been times where there has been wiggle room, for different reasons. For example, I was overnight once, and when they got rid of shift differential, everyone on overnights got the shift differential permanently added to their pay. Another time, when I became a key carrier, they were content to just sign it out to me, but I went to them and said that the added responsibility warranted extra pay, and they gave it to me.

How were they able to keep their pay after demoting? I lost $4/hour after demoting. I've since gotten very good reviews so I have more than made that up.
Because not to play favorite or anything . But he is truly a jack of all trades and whatever was ever needed he got it done . So all his past Etl’s and Sd let him keep it .

How do annual raises work for TMs that are already above the cap? They don't get the usual percentage increase, right?

How do annual raises work for TMs that are already above the cap? They don't get the usual percentage increase, right?
I haven’t seen a tm at cap yet to be able to speak to it .
Starting pay for tl at my former store is 36$ or 40$ depending on the experience .

I capped over and over from 2004 to 2012 and got Outstanding/Above Expectations. The rule back then was only a quarter for those that were maxed out. They started raising pay at that point so it stopped happening to me. Maybe it changed when raises changed to a percent of your pay.

I haven’t seen a tm at cap yet to be able to speak to it .
Starting pay for tl at my former store is 36$ or 40$ depending on the experience .
That's ridiculous lol. And you had TLs that have specific jobs. I do inbound as back up and own home/seasonal have 2 to 3 tms a day for 7 different areas and had 64 salesplanners and some revisions this week. I live in a pretty high col area and make no where near that. They wonder why every store in the north east is in shambles. Not saying your tls didn't work hard but like come on.

That's ridiculous lol. And you had TLs that have specific jobs. I do inbound as back up and own home/seasonal have 2 to 3 tms a day for 7 different areas and had 64 salesplanners and some revisions this week. I live in a pretty high col area and make no where near that. They wonder why every store in the north east is in shambles. Not saying your tls didn't work hard but like come on.
They own truck unload , all the truck push , zone , returns ,plano and backroom , as I was leaving they were tasked with owning priorities push as well. I think they deserve the pay giving the fact that there’s tls in the building that all they own is just price change , salesplaners and rev only for they areas . Yet those tl (who also have 3-4 tm for their areas )make almost as much as my leaders .

They own truck unload , all the truck push , zone , returns ,plano and backroom , as I was leaving they were tasked with owning priorities push as well. I think they deserve the pay giving the fact that there’s tls in the building that all they own is just price change , salesplaners and rev only for they areas . Yet those tl (who also have 3-4 tm for their areas )make almost as much as my leaders .
That was multiple TLs though right? I own all of that for my area on top of being the inbound lead for 2 of my 5 shifts a week. I'm just saying I see the disparity between like a 60 million dollar store and a 120 million store. Double the sales and trucks sure but it just seems like your payroll is easily 4 times that of mine. I mean TLs making 40 and California wages be crazy so I can understand that to an extent even though I'm in the northeast and our CoL isn't that far off in many places

That was multiple TLs though right? I own all of that for my area on top of being the inbound lead for 2 of my 5 shifts a week. I'm just saying I see the disparity between like a 60 million dollar store and a 120 million store. Double the sales and trucks sure but it just seems like your payroll is easily 4 times that of mine. I mean TLs making 40 and California wages be crazy so I can understand that to an extent even though I'm in the northeast and our CoL isn't that far off in many places
Ohh I agree . You do have more workload than other leaders in my store .
But like I said there’s leaders in my store who only have to do pc, saleplaners and rev . And getting 35$h just for that I think is bs giving that they own no other workload not even the zone of their areas or returns .

Back