Archived Seasonal employment done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hired as a seasonal employee and when I looked at the schedule in store I wasn't listed for this week. I am not able to log into any of my accounts, I don't know if I have the wrong password or if they were shut down. Whenever I log in it says I can not access my account at this time and that I should contact the Security Administer or Help Desk. Does this mean I wasn't hired. I thought that the seasonal employment was for 90 days and I started at the end of October. I just wanted to know if I should go in and ask someone about it, but I also don't know who to ask. or if I was let go and should just accept it.

I was hired as a seasonal employee and when I looked at the schedule in store I wasn't listed for this week. I am not able to log into any of my accounts, I don't know if I have the wrong password or if they were shut down. Whenever I log in it says I can not access my account at this time and that I should contact the Security Administer or Help Desk. Does this mean I wasn't hired. I thought that the seasonal employment was for 90 days and I started at the end of October. I just wanted to know if I should go in and ask someone about it, but I also don't know who to ask. or if I was let go and should just accept it.

Chances are they let you go but talk to HR to find out.

Thanks for all the feed back. I check my online schedule, no shift scheduled up to 1/19. I guess my time to work at target seasonal come to an end.

Talk to your store’s HR

Seasonal employment is UP TO 90 days, not guaranteed 90 days. Target can let you go at any time before then. You should talk to your HR. It's pretty shitty if they let you go with no notice but also depending on labor laws in your area it may be illegal. In some areas they're supposed to give you 2 weeks notice and give you your final check on your last day (not send it in the mail or anything. you're supposed to walk out after the last shift with money in your hands).

During my last shift which was last week they didn't even bring it up. No one was really in the office either granted it was a week night, but I still would have expected someone to say something maybe. I also get direct deposit, so would I just get my last check on pay day and then it stops?

Also when I sign into the kronos mobile app when I enter the HELP section there is a number to call for my password, do you have to talk or is it mostly just entering numbers for them to send you a password?

It sounds like you are no longer in the system, which results in no access to resources (which is stupid if you need the last pay stub, etc.). Some locations have gotten permission ti send last checked as direct deposit.

Call and ask for hr or the lod. They can answer, but most of mine were taken off starting this week or next.

Wow I hope I don’t get let go as seasonal. What did you do anything specific that made them want to let you go? We’re you cashier?

For many (or most, depending on your store) seasonals, it's not a matter of doing something to make them let you go, but not doing enough to be one of the few to be kept.

It also depends on workcenters--some get to keep more seasonals than others. Some use seasonal as an excuse to get rid of shitty TMs. Some don't get to keep the good ones they'd like because they don't have the head count. Some have to keep more than they'd like because hiring sucks and there's no guarantee the next schlub through the door will be any better. It all depends.

I was a cashier, and I was let go. I don't really care, this was my first job so at least now I can say I have done some work and my application won't be completely open. It is always hard to find a first job, so I am glad it is out of the way. I think I will apply to other places where I might be a regular and maybe that's a stretch come back next season.

I thought usually they let seasonal employees know whether they would be staying or leaving....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back