Answered seasonal fulfillment expert — questions about hours and scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I recently got hired as a seasonal fulfillment expert. I’m not starting for another two weeks. I begin college online next week with four classes, so I’m working here to save money and have some sort of income while at home as I just left my previous job. Anyway, in the interview I said 25-30 hours was what I was looking for, and I was dumb and said I could work all the days I didn’t have class (sat, sun, mon - open availability). I only gave myself one day off (thurs) because I have 3 classes that day. And now I’m so anxious because I fear I won’t get my schoolwork done and have a little time to breathe. (Please be kind — I’m already beating myself up over this.) So... basically I want to know if the amount of hours you ask for is what you get. I know it varies store-to-store, but for the most part, do you think they’ll schedule me anywhere they can to reach those hours? Or will they only take that into account certain weeks? Will I always work Sat-Mon since I said I could in my availability form, and do full-day shifts exist at Target? I’ve never worked chain retail before and have no idea how it works, so I’m sorry if these are dumb questions... but I’m a ball of nerves now because I worry that I won’t be able to balance work, school, and life.

It will really depend on your store but 4th quarter is coming so they might try and squeeze every last hour out of you. Id guess your average will be closer to the 30 side but its impossible for me to know your stores situation. Rn my store doesnt schedule 8 hour shifts for most flex tms except the veterans and we usually end up asking tms to stay if the need arises.

It will really depend on your store but 4th quarter is coming so they might try and squeeze every last hour out of you. Id guess your average will be closer to the 30 side but its impossible for me to know your stores situation. Rn my store doesnt schedule 8 hour shifts for most flex tms except the veterans and we usually end up asking tms to stay if the need arises.

This is good to know. Thank you. Also got hired as seasonal flex fulfillment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back