• Thread starter Ludwig3
  • Start date
  • Replies 40
  • Views 6K
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Ludwig3

Seasonal help is based off of sales and spot's money right? I ask because last year at this time we had at least 6 guys helping us in the back, now we've taken one guy. We're VERY behind on everything. Seasonal isn't getting backstocked, low instocks stores, etc. It's a mess!

our seasonal "help" if you can call them that, has never been backroom trained. They are always scheduled such a short shift most the time truck isnt even all worked out when they leave. That leaves us with usually onl 1 or 2 people to backstock everything

our seasonal "help" if you can call them that, has never been backroom trained. They are always scheduled such a short shift most the time truck isnt even all worked out when they leave. That leaves us with usually onl 1 or 2 people to backstock everything

Right here!

Seasonal help is based off of sales and spot's money right? I ask because last year at this time we had at least 6 guys helping us in the back, now we've taken one guy. We're VERY behind on everything. Seasonal isn't getting backstocked, low instocks stores, etc. It's a mess!

In years past, my store has always hired 10 to 15 seasonal people by the beginning of October. This year, we've managed to hire 1 seasonal logistics member. We are also hurting for salesfloor and cashier new hires. I heard that our ETL-HR has been going around town and putting up now hiring advertisments lol! I don't know what the deal is here...shouldn't people be fighting for jobs in this economy? I don't know if it's that stupid personality test that is disqualifying all our applicants or if the truth about working at target has become common knowledge through word of mouth or people posting their negative experiences on the internet, but we can't hire people to save our lives. On top of this, we've had several new hires that crap out within ten days. One person got up and left during the orientation video, and currently the latest person we hired for backroom completed orientation but never showed up for his first day! What gives?!?! Anybody else having similar problems?

Guess the economy must be improving if new hires can crap out that quick...

In years past, my store has always hired 10 to 15 seasonal people by the beginning of October. This year, we've managed to hire 1 seasonal logistics member. We are also hurting for salesfloor and cashier new hires. I heard that our ETL-HR has been going around town and putting up now hiring advertisments lol! I don't know what the deal is here...shouldn't people be fighting for jobs in this economy? I don't know if it's that stupid personality test that is disqualifying all our applicants or if the truth about working at target has become common knowledge through word of mouth or people posting their negative experiences on the internet, but we can't hire people to save our lives. On top of this, we've had several new hires that crap out within ten days. One person got up and left during the orientation video, and currently the latest person we hired for backroom completed orientation but never showed up for his first day! What gives?!?! Anybody else having similar problems?

we hired like a dozen, one worked 3 days then quit, 2 just never showed after orientation. Im sure more will follow

I always end up liking alot of the seasonals at my store (especially the good looking women, but that's for another forum, another time. hehe). It's a shame damn near all of them aren't kept on. :(

I hear ya. Our ETL does interviews every day but nothing ever becomes of these applicants. We're hurting now with trucks coming 6 days a week.

I'm guessing many stores are in crap shoot. 3 guys can't complete EVERYTHING during the seasonal period. It's impossible.

I almost wonder if they are pretending to be hiring, but they are really turning down applicants so they get a better bonus at the end of the year.

Lol, we had a guy leave in the middle of orientation not too long ago. However, my store is getting plenty of seasonal help.

I almost wonder if they are pretending to be hiring, but they are really turning down applicants so they get a better bonus at the end of the year.

Wouldn't shock me. You work your ass off for a red index card, they reap the benefits with a nice salary.

A few months back during the store's yearly review, quiet a few TM's voiced strong opinions about the management. Great employees were being graded "average". Hell I was told I need to focus on cleaning the backroom floor better.....really? That's all you can come up with. Keep your 5 cents.

@Ludwig 3... It is a reflection of the industry we work in.. When I did TM reviews last year I had to be slightly negative on all of them because they were rated 'effective' not excellent or outstanding so we, as leaders look at where the opportunities lie to, and then give them that feedback. Everyone is not getting a 50 cent raise.. Spot would lose money every year if that were the case

These seasonal must have heard that stores are opening at midnight and might have to work part of Thanksgiving day to prep. They are like "Ohhh...hell no!"...and they just walk out.

Every year their is always a bunch that come in on their first day, hate it, and just walk out mid-shift or won't return the next day.

I had one girl that worked under me one day that was hired even after she stated to the ETL-HR that her mother was making get a job. They assigned her Food Ave., after watching me a bit, and I had her do her first transaction which was a hot dog. I swear she about fainted out of disgust. She later went on break and never returned.

Same situation at my store. HR had countless orientations and I have yet to see the crap load of seasonal TMs they claim they have hired. We had a hiring need of 97 seasonal TMs. I know of a few that quite or never showed up but most definitely not all of them have. So they hired a bunch of people and don't schedule them.... makes no sense.

They have not trained any new TMs for sales floor on my side of the store (electronics, sporting goods, toys, home improvement, auto, seasonal). I open at Electronics and have to deal with countless guests looking for toys or stuff in electronics and phone call after phone call. I am so fed up. I had my TL and my ETL- HL up there for back up with me yesterday and that still was not enough. Oh and my TL and I were the only people in hardlines until 3 or so. *I'm at a Super mind you...* GSTL calling all available, me and service desk calling for back up and ONE Softlines TM yelling over the walkie that she is the only TM in softlines so she can't go up. We are not even into December yet. ************ing shoot me now.

Lol, we had a guy leave in the middle of orientation not too long ago.

I have heard a lot of new hires tell me they were turned off by our anti-union video, even though they themselves don't have any union interests. Wouldn't be surprised if that's what caused your fellow to leave.

My problem with A new tm is, "what? I have to zone & help guests" my lod stopped me from going off the deep end & throwing the tm out the door. Followed bp & coached him instead.

I have heard a lot of new hires tell me they were turned off by our anti-union video, even though they themselves don't have any union interests. Wouldn't be surprised if that's what caused your fellow to leave.

the union video is 9 minutes long out of a 4-5 hour orientation - I don't understand the problem with it.

I don't remember much from the video. Except the cheesy harassment example they used.

Salesfloor TM: Hello sir, can I help you find something?

Creepy guy: Why yes you can help me find something!

I don't remember much from the video. Except the cheesy harassment example they used.

Salesfloor TM: Hello sir, can I help you find something?

Creepy guy: Why yes you can help me find something!

I always see that one and want to slap the guys hand for tossing the polo back on the counter without folding it!

The best was when the new hire stormed into the fitting room cussing up a storm about how she's so done blah blah blah and I was actually concerned and asked what was wrong...she was so upset her zone got messed up by guests. I'm horrible I actually laughed. I just wonder what did she think was going to happen guests were going to fold the tables for her? Right.

And five don't worry same issue at my store we hired people to late we can't train them fast enough we've had mass training sessions in hl a few times but the new tm's are shaky afterwords so idk if it works yet :/

Last edited:
The best was when the new hire stormed into the fitting room cussing up a storm about how she's so done blah blah blah and I was actually concerned and asked what was wrong...she was so upset her zone got messed up by guests. I'm horrible I actually laughed. I just wonder what did she think was going to happen guests were going to fold the tables for her? Right.

I love that one! I have jokingly asked if we could get some caution tape to put around my just folded table. Unfortunately, people will do that. I've had people watch me fold a table and when I go on to the next one just go over and completely undo what I just did.:dash2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back