Seasonal to long term?

Going to work when you have the flu is dangerous and dumb. Risking your health is one thing but to risk others is terrible.
Flu is viral. You can't stop it from spreading. You're contagious before you even show symptoms. It's going to spread whether I stay home or go to work. And I'd rather get paid. Besides, I told everyone I had the flu and they thanked me for coming in to work.

A TM told me if you go on WorkDay it says your work area and if your seasonal. The "seasonal" part will be removed if your hired. This is the first sign your hired permanent. Don't know if this is true or not.

A TM told me if you go on WorkDay it says your work area and if your seasonal. The "seasonal" part will be removed if your hired. This is the first sign your hired permanent. Don't know if this is true or not.

It's true. Also, you can just check a daily schedule grid. (Service desk always has one.) If you're seasonal, it will have an "se" by your name.

While that’s technically true. All the conversations would happen before they’re rekeyed to non seasonal so really no reason to check.

While that’s technically true. All the conversations would happen before they’re rekeyed to non seasonal so really no reason to check.

ASANTS. We had a big conversation about this in the break room the other day with TMs who were seasonals across several years. My store never tells people they are being kept. You just keep appearing on the schedule and eventually HR changes your designation. Communication isn't my store's strong point.

ASANTS. We had a big conversation about this in the break room the other day with TMs who were seasonals across several years. My store never tells people they are being kept. You just keep appearing on the schedule and eventually HR changes your designation. Communication isn't my store's strong point.
That stinks. My HR is super good and already had most of the conversations himself.

Flu is viral. You can't stop it from spreading. You're contagious before you even show symptoms. It's going to spread whether I stay home or go to work. And I'd rather get paid. Besides, I told everyone I had the flu and they thanked me for coming in to work.
If you were my employee, I'd send you home immediately and write you up/fire you for that if legal. One person's diminished labor is not worth 10 other people getting sick, especially at my store where there are certainly (older) people who could potentially die from the flu. You just aren't that important - stay home, get better, use your sick/vacation hours.

If you were my employee, I'd send you home immediately and write you up/fire you for that if legal. One person's diminished labor is not worth 10 other people getting sick, especially at my store where there are certainly (older) people who could potentially die from the flu. You just aren't that important - stay home, get better, use your sick/vacation hours.
It's not about importance. Get a grip. It's about my car payment. Can you afford to not work for 2 weeks? If so, I applaud you. Bra-f*cking-vo. Also, I'm sick again. Pretty sure I caught it from a coworker/friend. Am I angry? No. It's just life. People get sick. And the world turns. Also, if u aren't contracting from a TM, you're just gonna get your germies from your precious customers, ya dick.

I do, however, agree with you that it's dangerous for some to be exposed to the flu. That's why everyone needs to take preventative measures. I'd really love to piss you off and tell you I didn't get the free flu shot... but I won't lie. I got my shot. You f*cker.

It's not about importance. Get a grip. It's about my car payment. Can you afford to not work for 2 weeks? If so, I applaud you. Bra-f*cking-vo. Also, I'm sick again. Pretty sure I caught it from a coworker/friend. Am I angry? No. It's just life. People get sick. And the world turns. Also, if u aren't contracting from a TM, you're just gonna get your germies from your precious customers, ya dick.

I do, however, agree with you that it's dangerous for some to be exposed to the flu. That's why everyone needs to take preventative measures. I'd really love to piss you off and tell you I didn't get the free flu shot... but I won't lie. I got my shot. You f*cker.
So you got the shot and still got the flu? If I had a nickel for every story like that, I'd be able to quit my job.

Back