Secret Bonus Again?

Increase pay across the board to increase morale? Nope. That'll actually depress morale, at least in the short term, for those of us who work hard and get lots done because we see the slackers getting the same pay increase when they stand around, literally, and chat. And even if it does raise morale, again in the short term, for the slackers, it won't last. Slackers slack. They don't magically become more productive and stay more productive. Far better to recognize your hard workers and reward them.
This and the amount of certain team members who are late every day or call out often. Why should I work harder if their leads don’t do their job to address this?

Whats a wave pattern?
Basically you cover multiple areas as a team or group, hitting one area at a time and sweeping over the floor like a wave. They used to do "wave zoning" in Style and I always thought it sucked. There were always areas that didn't get zoned because the TMs got hung up in RTW or Kids - too much yapping, not enough folding. I think one TM per area is better.

Is there something where TMs can vote to take some of their stores higher up pay away... 🤣 🙃 I'm not saying we would get their pay, but maybe a cut in their pay will make them do their job better... ??

I sincerely hope my store does NOT do this! Not everything about modernization and the DBO model is fantastic, but it's a lot better than the old way from my tiny point of view. I like having responsibility for all aspects of my area and take pride in how it looks (most of the time).
Yes, I'm still fixing mistakes other TMs make, but it's only in my area, not all over the whole store. And yes, the slackers are still a problem but I'm not having to take up their slack every single shift. When we had separate teams and I was on Flow, I was one of those always picking up the trash certain TMs always magically couldn't see etc. And the whole wave thing was horrible - just provided opportunity for lots of yak time for the yakkers, while making mistakes like putting conditioner where shampoo goes.

We've been doing this for a couple of months now. Our freight team is the same tm's as the "unload" team, so at 8 am it's time to fill the floor with vehicles and trash to create an obstacle course for every guest and fulfillment tm. Fulfillment gets to guess which vehicle and where it is to find the items that were delivered today in order to fill orders. Freight teams are told to "turn off the walkie" so they can get their work done and not have to answer calls for backup. It's so exciting and fun!

I don't know if my store is moving to the wave pattern, we have a bunch of logistics that don't do the truck and more or less push and zone their areas, while others unload the truck.

We have started an assigned LOD, huddles, midday zones and brand walks again.

quote:

Clarifying this. Start rates are changing at some stores and ANYONE below the new start rate will receive the increase. TMs with 2+ years (as of September 18th) will receive an increase as well even if they are above the start rate. Effective 9/18, impacted stores receive access to their new rates on Thursday

Last edited:
So, maybe doesn't affect all stores?

IDK

Reads as though if Start Rate is over $15, all workers will at least make that amount, and workers past the two year mark will make a % more (maybe 2%)

Not a word at my store. We are already starting at 16 though becauae of our location. Most who have been here for a bit got bumped to 17 so i doubt we will be one of these stores. Hell even gas stations start at 19 around here. Still doeenr come clost to touching the 3k for a 1bdrm rent :/

I wasn’t there but apparently my SD had a huddle today and said there would very good raises in the near future.

Back