Archived Seeking advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm a CTL at a pfresh store right now as everyone knows my positions been cut and they are "attempting" to place me in another TL position however I don't know if I want that or if I should transfer to the DC which is just minutes from my store I was a BR TM before i became a TL a also have prior experiences with unloading trucks but I was wondering...

As far as pay rate and hours is it worth transferring to even become just a team member there? A BR TM transferred there and is getting just as many hours and $5 more a hour than I'm making now as a team lead.

Also I don't have a degree so I can't become a ETL at the store level is that the same for GL at the DC?

Any other advice for my situation would be greatly appreciated too thank you!

Also consider you will be getting OT in a DC so it's not "just" 5 bucks an hour (thats still a nice pay jump)

No you have to have a 4 year to become a GL so no change there.

I made the jump from store TM to DC TM and I am beyond happy I did, granted i'm making more then double what I was making at the store and i'm getting just a bit more in hours so I may be a bit skewed in that regard. However, I enjoy what I do quite a bit more and I don't have to deal with any guest or constantly having new people who don't know what they are doing.

The work is hard though and it WILL take a tole on your body, it's not a matter of if you will hurt something but a matter of when. That isn't to say the work is really all that dangerous it's just a simple fact of a manual labor job, so take it for what it is. Honestly though I don't see much difference in the work load if your someone who busts their ass in the store, you may be a bit more physically tired from the work but mentally you will see a lot less stress.

From everything I've heard, working in a DC means much better pay. Of course that's coupled with overnights, overtime, and more strenuous labor. But you don't have to deal with guests. If you're looking for a pay raise, I'd go for DC if you like that kind of work. Either way, I'd get the eff out of consumables. I'm the former CTL at my store, I'm still the sales floor TL responsible for market, and I absolutely hate it. Probably doesn't help that market seems to get little attention or support from leadership in many stores that aren't a super. DC sounds pretty tempting given the nightmare that market has become.

I would consider it if the closest DC wasn't 350 miles away from my house. That kind of commute just isn't doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back