Archived Self checkout & team member discount

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use mine at self checkout. Just scan your discount card any time during the transaction.

Yes it's fine. Just scan your discount card. If you don't have your discount card, you will need a TM to key it in for you. They would need to go to help, assist mode, discount, TM discount, then type it in. It won't let you do it if you try to do it yourself.

Yes it's fine. Just scan your discount card. If you don't have your discount card, you will need a TM to key it in for you. They would need to go to help, assist mode, discount, TM discount, then type it in. It won't let you do it if you try to do it yourself.

I have actually keyed in my discount before. A GSTL at my store showed me how so that nobody would need assist mode (aka "you forgot your card, here's how to do it without bothering my TMs so they focus on other guests"). Just go to "key in code" and type the full string of numbers that appear under the barcode on your discount card. Oftentimes I find that keying my number is easier than fishing the card out of my wallet, and the card lasts longer because it doesn't get taken out as much.

Disclaimer: I only do this at my store and only because a GSTL said it was OK. YMMV.

I have actually keyed in my discount before. A GSTL at my store showed me how so that nobody would need assist mode (aka "you forgot your card, here's how to do it without bothering my TMs so they focus on other guests"). Just go to "key in code" and type the full string of numbers that appear under the barcode on your discount card. Oftentimes I find that keying my number is easier than fishing the card out of my wallet, and the card lasts longer because it doesn't get taken out as much.

Disclaimer: I only do this at my store and only because a GSTL said it was OK. YMMV.

My store would never allow us to do that with our TM discount, but one GSTL told me this was the only way we could use Cartwheel on the self checkouts. For some reason, the hand scanners won't work with Cartwheel barcodes, so we have to key in the number every time.

I tried using both a TM discount and cartwheel at a self checkout and the amount was totally wrong (according to my calculations), but I did get some amount discounted so I'm not sure if it was the TM discount or the cartwheel that didn't go through. Although I'm 90% sure if was the cartwheel that didn't go through.

I tried using both a TM discount and cartwheel at a self checkout and the amount was totally wrong (according to my calculations), but I did get some amount discounted so I'm not sure if it was the TM discount or the cartwheel that didn't go through. Although I'm 90% sure if was the cartwheel that didn't go through.

Check your receipt. Cartwheel discounts are itemized.

Check your receipt. Cartwheel discounts are itemized.
Oh, I probably should've mentioned that I canceled the transaction (from the self-checkout lane) and went to a cashier where I got the right amount discounted... so yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back