Archived Selling paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else notice we're gonna be selling paint starting next month with the home improvement transition? Just find it interesting. A few gallons of colors.

Don't some states ID people for paint?

I think it's for most stores, but cannot remember. IIRC, the paint will be color-coordinated with other home interior things like borders. Age restrictions are for spray paints to combat graffiti and huffing.

I see a lot of messes with this. Wet paint is very hard to clean up and if you get it on your clothes, it's permanent.

Seems kinda silly for my store. We have a Lowe's in the same plaza and a Home Depot just up the road.

We are getting the paint next month as well.
i see lots of paint spills in the backroom as the paint will fall off the line. I hope eco-absorb will soak up the paint.

Who can clean a paint spill ??

We are getting the paint next month as well.
i see lots of paint spills in the backroom as the paint will fall off the line. I hope eco-absorb will soak up the paint.

Who can clean a paint spill ??
Anyone who has taken the "Cleaning hazardous Materials" quiz. My TL requires it for my whole team (Flow) so we're set.

We will be selling paint too. We sold paint many years ago. It was all locked up in cages and you had to have ID at the register in order to buy it. It was a mess then and I am sure it will be a mess now and more of a headache with the ESIM crap! :eek:

Okay let's go to my shopping center

temp_zps484e40c8.png

yes paint sounds good to sell.

Last edited:
Well that sounds surprising. Although guests asking for paint does rank up there with light bulbs lately at my store so I guess it could work. Any serious person doing home improvement stuff would go to a Home Depot, Ace or Lowes. I can't wait till a guest asks to have the can opened up to get a better look at the color:} It will happen at our store......

Okay let's go to my shopping center.

Wal-Mart also sells (not good, but it's still paint) Paint, making another option for such things.

You know, if they were serious about this, they could mess with seasonal a little bit, and use that space, to instal a real paint section, and paint desk (with all the mixers & such) although, that'd assume they were serious about actually paying a TM, to be over, there, to handle such requests.

I could see a couple of paint cans fitting in the aisles, but, I think they'll all just end up being clearanced out..

Wet paint is very hard to clean up and if you get it on your clothes, it's permanent.

Try to scrape off as much as possible, and Pretreat with lots, of rubbing alcohol, then soak in a warm (or Hot) water solution, overnight, with an Enzyme Detergent (such as Tide or Wisk).. It's not Permanent.

The idea of selling paint is great; however, short having a full service paint department, we will probably come off looking like a joke. When people are shopping for paint they want a wide selection of colors to choose from, including varying shades of the same basic color. An assortment of 8-20 completely different colors isn't going to satisfy people painting their walls, and many quick projects and/or arts and craft projects would be better served with an assortment of spray paint. Seems to me that target would see higher turnover carrying a line of Eco friendly spray paints than buckets of paint. People don't expect as much variety in a spray paint selection. We sell canned air, so just because it can be used as an inhalant doesn't mean we shouldn't sell it. Hell, we sell OTC drugs and a whole department of household chemicals (including products that can be abused by inhaling) and Target doesn't bat an eye at that. I get asked for spray paint much more often than buckets of paint.

I could also see us doing well carrying a small selection of wood stains and finishes. You're more likely to be able to please guests with a small selection of stains/finishes than you are with the same size selection of paint.

This is all just my opinion though. Nothing I've said is based on any research other than my years interacting and observing the guests at the locations I've worked at.

Wal-Mart also sells (not good, but it's still paint) Paint, making another option for such things.

You know, if they were serious about this, they could mess with seasonal a little bit, and use that space, to instal a real paint section, and paint desk (with all the mixers & such) although, that'd assume they were serious about actually paying a TM, to be over, there, to handle such requests.

I could see a couple of paint cans fitting in the aisles, but, I think they'll all just end up being clearanced out..

Yeah, but good luck getting them to trim down the amount of crap they have in seasonal XD

I saw on my shopkick app. Benjamin Moore paint last week. I wondered why the Target "lookbook" had paint, now I know.

I bet you anything there will be ID/age prompt for it.

I can see it working good for kid decor. But no one is going to paint their house walls with limited color selections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back