Having to Sell and Activate phones without Target Mobile experience

Hey there, just wanted to share my experience with what I've done so far while working for Tech for almost 2 years. I also wanted to know if anyone out there shares this experience.

My store is a small format store and as far as I have been working there, I've had to sell and activate all sorts of phones there. I've been to other stores around me that have both redshirts (like me) just selling tech products, zone, etc. and have actual Mobile people be in charged of selling and activating phones to guest.

It's just a hassle knowing full well that if nothing really goes wrong during an activation, it usually takes me around 25-30mins just to do 1 activation, all the while guests will be flooding over Tech with only 1 person per shift here. When an issue does go bad, then it just jumps to around 40mins and up to finish it, all the while getting others to come over to Tech to help other guests out while I'm still on the phone with ROC for the 3rd time today because the damn poa kicked me out or something!

Kinda just wanted to vent...but also wanted to know if anyone else out there has had this kind of experience in their store.

Thanks!

Thanks! What was it like back in the day over in Tech? Were there at least 2 or 3 people during department at least..that would put a smile to my face.
I think that probably varies based on stores but in my 13 years for the most part there was always just the one person. During peak times there would be overlaps with a person working a mid shift, in addition to the opener and closer, and not just one person working a short shift and leaving when the next person came in.

Hey there, just wanted to share my experience with what I've done so far while working for Tech for almost 2 years. I also wanted to know if anyone out there shares this experience.

My store is a small format store and as far as I have been working there, I've had to sell and activate all sorts of phones there. I've been to other stores around me that have both redshirts (like me) just selling tech products, zone, etc. and have actual Mobile people be in charged of selling and activating phones to guest.

It's just a hassle knowing full well that if nothing really goes wrong during an activation, it usually takes me around 25-30mins just to do 1 activation, all the while guests will be flooding over Tech with only 1 person per shift here. When an issue does go bad, then it just jumps to around 40mins and up to finish it, all the while getting others to come over to Tech to help other guests out while I'm still on the phone with ROC for the 3rd time today because the damn poa kicked me out or something!

Kinda just wanted to vent...but also wanted to know if anyone else out there has had this kind of experience in their store.

Thanks!
We stopped doing tech support. We tell them to call consumer cellular. We also only sell and activate. No more transferring contacts etc. we are a single coverage store and don’t have time to spend an hour with each phone guest. It pisses them off, but at this point we don’t care. We are over it. The tls and etls refuse to learn how to be backups.

Back