Archived Seriously considering calling up an STL regarding a TM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a text from my manager that he decided to call the DTL about this after I got off the phone with him. Me, my manager, and the DTL are supposed to meet at 2PM today to discuss what happened. Said that they are taking this very seriously and the business relationship between our two companies was damaged by this TMs actions.

@StateofTarget: Just curious, does Sony pay Target for the demo display, shelving costs, and for displaying any signing?

The most bizarre part about this whole story is... Nintendo fanboys exist? What was the last good game to come out for Wii?

Of course there are. Who else could be brainwashed into buying a console from a company who has only developed 1 original successful franchise(Pokemon) since the 1980s?

The Mariio, Starfox, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Zelda, and Metriod franchises were all started in the 80's it is pathetic that Nintendo is still clinging to those characters when Microsoft and Sony are constantly creating new successful franchises.

Last edited:
Just got a text from my manager that he decided to call the DTL about this after I got off the phone with him. Me, my manager, and the DTL are supposed to meet at 2PM today to discuss what happened. Said that they are taking this very seriously and the business relationship between our two companies was damaged by this TMs actions.

Wow! This is a much more serious response than I would have predicted. You sure made the right call on this.

Of course there are. Who else could be brainwashed into buying a console from a company who has only developed 1 original successful franchise(Pokemon) since the 1980s?

The Mariio, Starfox, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Zelda, and Metriod franchises were all started in the 80's it is pathetic that Nintendo is still clinging to those characters when Microsoft and Sony are constantly creating new successful franchises.

Yeah they're totally original, I think we all need another Call of Duty game! Who needs creativity when you can pump out the same old shooter/football game every year and rake in cash. The market is dumb. Cater to that stupidity and you'll make millions. Being creative and innovative isn't nearly as profitable.

Please name a new successful franchise released by Microsoft or Sony(not third party) in the last 2 years.

So the meeting went extremely well today. We met the DTL at Chipolte near his store, he bought us both lunch.

The DTL let us know that he had personally spoken to the TM, the LOD at the time, and the STL and had concluded that the TM was in violation of Target's written policy on interactions with vendors, part of which requires TMs to act professionally and properly represent the Target brand when dealing with vendors. Basically he told me at the point the TM ignored my concerns about the way he slandered our products to a member of the public and walked away he had violated that policy.

Also my manager brought up that the TM violated a provision of our contract with Target when he intentionally slandered one of our products to a member of the public with false information as a representative of Target. (telling the guest that our parental control feature could easily be defeated by kids, even though that is completely false) My manager pointed out that since the TM represents Target, the company could be held liable for any damage this TM does to our product lines by providing false info to the public in violation of our contract. The DTL agreed, and although he didn't say it, strongly suggested that the TM wouldn't be working at Target within the next 24 hours.

The DTL also told us that he would be reminding ETLs at all his stores to go over Target's vendor policy with TMs at huddles. He told us that some TMs don't realize that when they are dealing with vendors, they are basically professionally representing their company to ours just like we are to them, and that he would make sure that was understood at his stores.

He apologized to both of us for the incident, gave us his card, and told us to personally call him if we ever had an issue like this again.

Also my manager brought up that the TM violated a provision of our contract with Target when he intentionally slandered one of our products to a member of the public with false information as a representative of Target. (telling the guest that our parental control feature could easily be defeated by kids, even though that is completely false) My manager pointed out that since the TM represents Target, the company could be held liable for any damage this TM does to our product lines by providing false info to the public in violation of our contract. The DTL agreed, and although he didn't say it, strongly suggested that the TM wouldn't be working at Target within the next 24 hours.

Here's a story. When I was 15 I wanted to watch a rated R movie with my girlfriend on her Playstation 2. However, there were obviously parental controls. Cracked it the second time. Cake. Congrats on getting a teenager fired, and thanks for keeping us updated.

Here's a story. When I was 15 I wanted to watch a rated R movie with my girlfriend on her Playstation 2. However, there were obviously parental controls. Cracked it the second time. Cake. Congrats on getting a teenager fired, and thanks for keeping us updated.

I didn't get him fired. He got himself fired.

Did you know there are youtube videos on how to override or delete passwords on the ps3? If you reset it to factory settings (really easy) those controls are deleted......

No, you got him fired. Like I said, congratulations. Hope that Chipotle tasted great.

Why? Because I reported him for something that his employer (and a company his employer partners with) doesn't want him to do?

So, if I saw a TM pocketing $500 out of the register and reported him to AP at the store, by your logic I also "got him fired".

Sorry, when someone breaks the rules they get themselves fired. Just because someone caught/reported them breaking the rules doesn't mean that person is responsible. By your logic, if I see the guy across the street burying a body in his backyard and report him to the cops, "I put him in jail".

Why? Because I reported him for something that his employer (and a company his employer partners with) doesn't want him to do?

So, if I saw a TM pocketing $500 out of the register and reported him to AP at the store, by your logic I also "got him fired".

Sorry, when someone breaks the rules they get themselves fired. Just because someone caught/reported them breaking the rules doesn't mean that person is responsible. By your logic, if I see the guy across the street burying a body in his backyard and report him to the cops, "I put him in jail".

No. By YOUR logic he got himself fired because he "misinformed a guest about parental controls being easy to get around". Your words. Turns out they are easy to get around. He was right. Congrats. Hope that Chipotle tasted great. Let us know if you get anyone else fired. We all want to hear it.

No. By YOUR logic he got himself fired because he "misinformed a guest about parental controls being easy to get around". Your words. Turns out they are easy to get around. He was right. Congrats. Hope that Chipotle tasted great. Let us know if you get anyone else fired. We all want to hear it.

You're quite possibly the worst troll on TBR ever. ********************************************

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you know there are youtube videos on how to override or delete passwords on the ps3? If you reset it to factory settings (really easy) those controls are deleted......

I'm an alcoholic 20something and i could figure out how to defeat those security measures without even batting an eye.

You're quite possibly the worst troll on TBR ever. ********************************************

wow, that's a pretty serious response. and not very cool.

The TM may have been right but he did do his best to slander a product.

Question:

Did this TM take the training on how to interact with vendors? thought that was only TL and above territory...he could probably feign ignorance.

This isn't really SoT's fault for escalating to this level. It's the STLs fault. I understand why she took it seriously, but did this require DTL level interaction? Perhaps a conversation/write up for how the TM should not be disparaging products and how he should be providing better guest service...but to get the DTL involved and fire a TM over this? Too much in my opinion.

Glad to hear you got results! I think it was good you talked to your manager first, even though they told you to call the STL anyway ;)

Softlines, I think the DTL inclusion was to make sure it wouldn't happen at other stores.

Anyways the offending TM could still be disciplined for neglecting their core role of driving profitable sales. I mean he blew a pretty big sale, and even if TMs don't take that training, they should know better... I treat all my vendors with respect and I don't disrespect their products.

Whenever I had a vendor in store and a guest was asking about the same product, I always asked the vendor for any added info since they know their product a lot more than I do.

The TM lost a big sale for the store, a possible ESP, a possible attachment, and a possible conversion. YUP the TM fired himself.

After the entire PSN network got hacked, I don't trust anything Sony makes no more.
Then their console just gets ripped open when their private key was found out.

Any PS3 running 3.55 or below can pretty much do anything they want including downloading games, using homebrew, etc

You're quite possibly the worst troll on TBR ever. p*ss off c*nt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!21323fewFWafEWQ!#@!

bf6bf70791bcb2f768226988c9f59d8b1dd2bbd8_m.jpg

After the entire PSN network got hacked, I don't trust anything Sony makes no more.
Then their console just gets ripped open when their private key was found out.

Any PS3 running 3.55 or below can pretty much do anything they want including downloading games, using homebrew, etc

To be fair Sony did manage to annoy Anonymous which pretty much means it doesn't matter how good a system you have, you're gonna get hacked.

I'm also technically a guest, and if I want to complain about a TM I have every right.

guest don't sign agreements and terms with target to enter the premises and service equipment, its the same with our least employees, they cant interact with target affairs or guests past responding to where the restroom is or a certain isle, all else they must call a TM. I know your upset and it seems unfair to you but its how target prevents lawsuits. Your obligated to sell sony products its in your job descriptions, however target requires its vendors to waive these rights when in the store, your boss will tell you the same thing. Just because the TM was rude and making no effort to help the guest decide, that does not give you the right to stoop to a similar level. Way this should have gone is the moment the TM gave a negative comment, you step away and go about your business, report it to your boss, give him all the details for him to report to the STL for him to decide action. If vendors could do what you wanted to do we would not have vendor score cards, we would have CCA's for vendors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back