Archived Seriously considering calling up an STL regarding a TM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah they're totally original, I think we all need another Call of Duty game! Who needs creativity when you can pump out the same old shooter/football game every year and rake in cash. The market is dumb. Cater to that stupidity and you'll make millions. Being creative and innovative isn't nearly as profitable.

Please name a new successful franchise released by Microsoft or Sony(not third party) in the last 2 years.

its a trend, they pump the same game and people buy it, same with movies we are all about sequels now...

I was in Electronics for a year before I became CTL...this would not be acceptable in my store. Regardless how I feel about any product it would never be tolerated for me to just bash a guest's choice without assisting them. Directing their attention to a better product is one thing but this guy didnt do that. Had he turned the guest's attention to Nintendo systems, explained the difference/advantage and secured the sale then to each his own but he just behaved like a whiny ass fanboy who probably starts fights with Sonic the Hedgehog fans. SoT had every right to be pissed, his company is paying to display their product in our stores and seeing our employees badmouth the product is unacceptable. If I had a bread vendor fill an endcap and then told everyone who walks by it that their bread sucks my vendor relations would go out the window. Same concept here only with a $300 loaf of bread.

State of Target you definitely made the right call. The reaction from the STL tells me that he/she actually cares about vendor relations and what goes on at their store. If the TM gets fired, maybe they will learn a lesson from this; it's called "accountability", which seems to be a foreign concept to many young people these days.

when i first read the original post, i thought it sounded like the team member was either trying to get fired, or really did not care a single bit about his job, and won't really be affected if he loses his job.

Good for you. Now you know to do what you feel is right by you and your business. I don't even know why paygrades were brought into this conversation. How much money the STL or an ETL makes has nothing to do with addressing how one of their employees acted inappropriately. Like the STL is too good to know he has a bad TM? I just quit, but if my STL found out about this he would have freaked out. Kudos for remaining professional in this situation. I can't imagine how all of the naysayers in this thread would have acted had they been in your shoes....eek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back