Setting in tour area ?

Probably not. Its also not very difficult 95% of the time. Just make sure ypur trainer shows you what to look for, like signing, fixtures, set notes, etc. You can learn probably 90% of setting from one salesplanner or revision, but itll take a bit to learn how to do them quickly.

Not if you want to really be a DBO and do a good job of it. I think it's really sort of fun, but I've been told by someone who's since retired that she hated it because it's kind of like following a map and she's never been good at reading maps. Maybe that's part of why I like it!
Don't try to rush yourself - any new task takes time to learn. Print out the paper POG for your first few; it can be easier to use than the picture on the zebra, plus you have a place to make notes.
Review the pictures either on the zebra or paper, count shelves and pegs needed, gather your equipment and supplies so you're not constantly running back to the fixture room. Some POGs are easier to build a section at a time, sometimes I do all the bottom shelves first, but I never start at the top and move down, even if it appears to be easier. If I have to adjust shelf height, I want to do it only once.
I always have a few of the plastic label strip holder thingies on hand to replace broken ones, grab a few pegs more than I think are needed, have a few label extra peg label holders and fast backs in case I break one, etc. When I have a bunch of end caps or transitions to do, I just keep a 3-tier cart with all that stuff on it so I don't have to re-gather it every shift. Also a small supply of Swiffer refill cloths to collect the massive accumulation of dust that seems to be on every bottom shelf. When I'm working in an area with self-pushers, I have a repack box with a collection of right-side, left-side, and middle pieces on my cart. Same for magnetic shelf dividers.
Took me a while to assemble my "kit" but it sure makes life easier.

We have no way of knowing how your store expects work to be completed. Very few of our DBO’s set anything - even SPL are mostly done by the GM TL for the area. Do not be afraid - it is easier than it looks at first. Kind of like ‘cleaning your bedroom’ - you just clean up and rearrange as you go.

I know I tried it once and messed it up that's why I'm asking if there is anyway I don't have to do it

Back