Archived Ship from Store: Pathing/Sequencing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep us updated!

Is it actually on Workbench? Or is it on Store Applications? @GangulonCyst mentioned specifically using the signing PC.
It's under workbench. Search for in store pathing. But you need to be signed in as an ETL. Can't access as anything lower (tried having my Presentation TL sign in for me once, she didn't have access.)

Repathing is not as easy as most of you think. I did the pathing in our store when the Instocks team did daily research and it was meant to follow the wave of the flow team to best facilitate complete research. Now that the IS team only does RIGS, repathing to facilitate SFS is a good idea, but it is a time consuming process.

I have a question regarding items that drop into batches for which we show zero onhands. Leadership tells us that those items only show zero after they fall into a batch, yet we will find the same item in multiple batches and still not be able to find it even once. How can it show zero if it is still on the floor and could possibly be sold before it is picked (resulting in a negative onhand)? We also get items that we never carried. Pickers swear that Zero means Zero; leadership wants us to keep looking if it's in a batch. Thoughts?

I don't know why a single on hand would be allowed in multiple batches. The onhand for an item does go down when it is in a flex batch. When it is not found, you have to go back and zero it out. I would guess its the same for SFS. Not sure why they can't program it to automatically zero out not founds in flex.

I forgot about this thread. In case anyone was wanting to adjust the pathing, it is now available for anyone to change (it used to only be available to ETLs).

Open up workbench and the first thing you'll need to do is add target.com under the compatibility settings for the internet browser (it won't save your changes unless you do this). Then log in and search for "sales floor pathing." It will come up with a nearly blank page with a button in the middle that says "item investigation." Click that and you can go in and change the pathing around.

I have a question regarding items that drop into batches for which we show zero onhands. Leadership tells us that those items only show zero after they fall into a batch, yet we will find the same item in multiple batches and still not be able to find it even once. How can it show zero if it is still on the floor and could possibly be sold before it is picked (resulting in a negative onhand)? We also get items that we never carried. Pickers swear that Zero means Zero; leadership wants us to keep looking if it's in a batch. Thoughts?
The item is subtracted from the on-hand count as soon as the order drops in. So if the order is for one, and the on-hand is zero, there should still be one in the store. The only time we don't have it for sure is if there is a negative amount on-hand. There is a one page document on workbench (probably on the SFS process page) that explains it pretty clearly. I'll see if I can find it tomorrow.

As for getting orders for items that you never carried, I'm not really sure what you mean. If they are typing in the DPCI into item search, and the system is showing zero on-hand, it will bring up a page saying something about not carried here and will list other nearby stores with stock. That can be solved by simply adding 49 before typing in the DPCI and it will bring up the full item search page.

I don't know why a single on hand would be allowed in multiple batches. The onhand for an item does go down when it is in a flex batch. When it is not found, you have to go back and zero it out. I would guess its the same for SFS. Not sure why they can't program it to automatically zero out not founds in flex.
If there are 5 orders for one item, and it shows 1 on hand, then there should be 6 of that item in the store. The on-hands are lowered as soon as the order drops in, regardless of how long it sits there before someone batches is and begins to pick it. The reverse applies when hitting not found. Any items not found when a batch is finished will drop back in to the on-hands within a few minutes (though there will be a 24-hour block on new orders for that item). I do agree it's ridiculous that cancelling something doesn't research it to zero.

Fuck sfs. Are we a store or a wearhouse??
Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="SFSFun, post: 326855, member: 13096"

As for getting orders for items that you never carried, I'm not really sure what you mean. If they are typing in the DPCI into item search, and the system is showing zero on-hand, it will bring up a page saying something about not carried here and will list other nearby stores with stock. That can be solved by simply adding 49 before typing in the DPCI and it will bring up the full item search page.

If there are 5 orders for one item, and it shows 1 on hand, then there should be 6 of that item in the store. The on-hands are lowered as soon as the order drops in, regardless of how long it sits there before someone batches is and begins to pick it. The reverse applies when hitting not found. Any items not found when a batch is finished will drop back in to the on-hands within a few minutes (though there will be a 24-hour block on new orders for that item). I do agree it's ridiculous that cancelling something doesn't research it to zero.[/QUOTE]

With regard to items we don't carry, this may be true for flexible fulfillment, but you don't choose a store with an online order, which is where SFS is generated. I believe our problem with OH's begins with inadequate SFQ, which, if not corrected when the planogram is set, assumes we have more (or less) than we have in our store. Nobody will listen to me about it, though, so I am probably wrong.

With regard to items we don't carry, this may be true for flexible fulfillment, but you don't choose a store with an online order, which is where SFS is generated. I believe our problem with OH's begins with inadequate SFQ, which, if not corrected when the planogram is set, assumes we have more (or less) than we have in our store. Nobody will listen to me about it, though, so I am probably wrong.
No I was referring to item search on the PDA, because in certain circumstances it can appear that an item isn't sold at your store when it has zero on hand.

How are TMs determining that an item they have an order for isn't sold at your store?

I just want the ability to pull from only backroom/hardlines/softlines locations. I can rip through the BR and HL items, but softlines is so foreign to me. I'd much rather let someone familiar with softlines do those items so I can continue with the others.

Also combining batches would be nice.

Sometimes tm's will tie a container with just a few items in it to the packing station and collates are taking a long time to drop. We could use the container for another pick. How do we untie the container to use it for another pick?

Sometimes tm's will tie a container with just a few items in it to the packing station and collates are taking a long time to drop. We could use the container for another pick. How do we untie the container to use it for another pick?
You mean a cart? You can't.

Only way around it is if it's a single hold location (instead of parent/child hold locations). Those you can keep adding to as often as you want.

@Rarejem

Go on Workbench, search for "ff on hands" and click on the first result. It should be a single page PDF that explains very clearly how to understand on-hand amounts when dealing with FF orders. Print it out and show it to anyone who doubts it.

As of last month, the pathing is now automated. No longer controlled by the store.
And I bet it’s so much better now. It’s not like us lowly TMs knew what we were doing when we customized the path in a way that makes sense for our individual stores...

And I bet it’s so much better now. It’s not like us lowly TMs knew what we were doing when we customized the path in a way that makes sense for our individual stores...
I strongly suspect that far too many stores didn't ever change the pathing from the Instocks days, and someone felt that too much payroll was being wasted on backtracking and looping around the store 3 times per batch.

I strongly suspect that far too many stores didn't ever change the pathing from the Instocks days, and someone felt that too much payroll was being wasted on backtracking and looping around the store 3 times per batch.
Before last Q4 they sent out a redwire and email about specifically telling everyone to look at their pathing and make sure it makes sense. I’m sure most stores didn’t have it customized before then, but I’d bet that a lot of them did take the advice and look into it at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back