Archived Shopped at Target today, Beauty TM totally ignored me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought this was funny because of the many threads on here about greeting and servicing guests being THE THING now.

I was shopping at Target today with my kid and spent time in Beauty. I went up and down several aisles, looked at different products, picked up at least one and put it back.....point is, it was pretty clear that I was shopping for something, not just browsing around. I saw the Beauty TM working. She may have been stocking but she didn't seem rushed, hurried or busy. She glanced in my direction but other than that, nothing. No greeting. No smile to me. Didn't ask me what she could help me find.

Her makeup game was strong though. Eyebrows were on point. Lipstick was poppin. Seriously, she looked like a great brand ambassador.

Wait TMs working cosmetics have to wear makeup?
Not necessarily but it does make sense if ur going to work in cosmetics to wear makeup. I work in beauty and I was told by a TM that the lady that runs our store (don't know exactly what her position is called) wants the beauty TM to be wearing makeup. But like I said to me it makes sense if ur going to work in beauty to wear makeup to kinda show you know what ur talking about.

Not necessarily but it does make sense if ur going to work in cosmetics to wear makeup. I work in beauty and I was told by a TM that the lady that runs our store (don't know exactly what her position is called) wants the beauty TM to be wearing makeup. But like I said to me it makes sense if ur going to work in beauty to wear makeup to kinda show you know what ur talking about.

Or...wear no makeup and sell the hell out of expensive skin products by showing how nice your skin is.

So apparently the beauty concierges are no more partly because, get this, they were too pushy. And yet? .... The mind boggles.

So apparently the beauty concierges are no more partly because, get this, they were too pushy. And yet? .... The mind boggles.
I’ve literally never seen my beauty concierges talk to a guest they just stand there with their samples looking bored (my dream job)

Paging Kartman, we found a new job for you :D

It's kind of hit or miss at my store because either they come off as they're following guests.. Which they aren't they were putting away stuff and the guest happened to be near all areas they were putting things away, or they don't approach guests at all because... Guests complain they feel like they're being followed lol. It's a lose lose.

It's kind of like that in the whole store honestly. .The guests complain when no one helps or asks them if they need help but then also get annoyed when the 8th person says hi and asks if they need help on their way back to electronics lol

I'm a beauty TM and I try to at least smile or say "Good morning" to everyone - I am usually ignored or grunted at 80% of the time, so I stop there. If they respond back as if I am a human, I'll usually add a "Let me know if you need help finding anything!" Generally. It's hard for me because I HATE being overacknowledged by store employees...I went to a different Target and literally the same person in grocery asked me if I needed help 3 times within a few minutes, and then every single employee I saw asked me as well. It made me want to be left alone. So usually I just smile and say hello, because I know they are bound to be bombarded by every TM they see now.

At my store they don’t really stress asking the guest for help. Our main beauty TM just minds her own business. She’s great at her job, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen her actually approach or talk to a guest

No, you don't need to wear makeup in the beauty department. Never worn it and never will. I just like the attention to the small details involved and the interaction with guests and tms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back