Archived Shorthanded days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious.Are there any days in your stores that seem to be perpetually shorthanded? For my store it seems to always be Thursday

Wednesdays, specifically Wednesday mornings. It's busy and we're usually short on cashiers which means whatever sales floor team members we have (one per work center) are called up.

Tuesday dayside. Every week. We only have one cashier until 11 or 12.

Saturday am flow. Some people are not available and this time of year with vacations it blows. My pet peeve is new people on their "training schedule" not being scheduled on ALL truck days. WTF We need these people obviously, or they wouldn't have been hired!!

wednesday mornings seem to be the worst for us. Use to be thursdays but we switched up leadership and it's way better.

But most weekdays there is no sales floor until 11am CAFs drop.. Only process teams and we are damn tired of being told we don't work hard enough. We have to do two jobs and get punished if either fall behind.

And any nice weekend day.. Call outs kill us.. What good is all these sales floor people MyTime gives us if they don't bother showing up? Worst day was on a Saturday there 5 call outs during the morning huddle..

Thursdays are pretty bad for us, but that's my scheduled day off so I'm not worried about it. Also, @Bosch welcome to the world of salesfloor where you're constantly being pulled in 10 different directions while doing the job of two or three people and always being told you're not working fast enough.

Everyday we are short handed but especially on saturdays when everyones been out late the night before.... always a bunch of call ins right in the morning...

Monday night closings are the worst. I usually only have 2 cashiers between 10 & 11.

Thursdays are pretty bad for us, but that's my scheduled day off so I'm not worried about it. Also, @Bosch welcome to the world of salesfloor where you're constantly being pulled in 10 different directions while doing the job of two or three people and always being told you're not working fast enough.

Oh I have been there, but don't dare snap at me when you are to cheap to make a call and get me some help. You want the call box answered? Don't ask if I am going to get it from the opposite side of the store. When you are hiding in the office. You may not like what comes back to you over the radio.

Because I will never get there cause there are customers in the way.

Last edited:
TUESDAY. Definitely tuesday..no etls.. just srtls.. and a small team (7 or 8 total team members including process teams) so 1 electronics 1 softlines 2 pricing 2 pog and 1 instocks. Only one cashier. And no service desk until 10am. Nobody from POG carries walkies except our TL and they are LOD so nobody responds. Both pricing TMs get stuck covering until like 11 when they get a hardlines tm in (to cover electronics break.. so there's still nobody on the floor)

Everyday. Seriously. Sometimes we only have two people scheduled in softlines for the whole day and every day we have one cashier after 10:15.

My time has not helped in any way.

Mondays are becoming hell as far as flow process. The trucks are now the largest in the week yet only half the flow team is scheduled and at minimum amount of hours possible. So every workcenter except for front-end is immediately dragged into the flow process at store opening to help them just finish truck freight (not including pulls, repacks, or C&S). No one is happy, and then you get that idiotic, mouth breathing executive opening their gaping, ass-like maw of theirs demanding why no reshop, zone, or projects are being completed.

Thursday mornings seem to be the worst for finding equipment. Between plano team using PDAs, overnight hoarding PDAs in various hiding places, and greedy sales floor members not coughing up their PDAs, it makes things very difficult for back room TMs to start pulling CAFs.

saturday for logistics. Food truck plus a smaller than normal flow/back room team. Now with added additional shooting of exfs.

Every day.

Thursday mornings seem to be the worst for finding equipment. Between plano team using PDAs, overnight hoarding PDAs in various hiding places, and greedy sales floor members not coughing up their PDAs, it makes things very difficult for back room TMs to start pulling CAFs.

Our worst equipment day lately is Wednesday because that's our all-scan day for instocks. Every weekday morning used to be really bad for equipment (including walkies), but then plano went back to overnight and it got marginally better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back