Archived Should cashiers get walkies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NKG

Nkg
Im tired of hearing cashiers in my store always calling over an LOD instead of their GSTL or GSA. My GSTL doesnt want to remove them from the lane because she is always doing other things as LOD. Any thoughts?

Cashiers should follow Chain of Command.

Guest Relations/Experience - GSTL/GSA > LOD

Assistance for merchandise (Call operator/Walkie over Phone if that's still around) - Salesfloor > GSTL/GSA > LOD

Last edited:
I get the original post, it was the worst when our seasonal noob cashier's were grabbing walkies for no reason q4 and then our regular salesfloor team members couldn't get one.

All that said there are some select cashier's who I think are worthy of having a walkie. SCO, the ones that cover the gstls breaks, the ones that push reshop (so they can come and backup) I have no beef with them grabbing a walkie.

I turn mine off when I go up for backup.

I would love, if a Cashier ever took my Walkie from me.

I am legit called for as much, if not more than the LOD at my store.

I would love, if a Cashier ever took my Walkie from me.

I am legit called for as much, if not more than the LOD at my store.

I was never happier than the times when they had to take my walkie for someone.
Or when I 'forgot' to switch it back from channel 3.
The Signing Ninja never gets a break.

The LOD always praises them too, but I hear you.

They don't really need the distraction. I always chuckle when I hear a cashier getting walkie praises for selling a RC.

They don't hear it.
"Heyyyyyyy team Bratleigh just saved a guest 5% today-n-every day by opening up a tarrrrrrrget redcard! Lessee if we can get another one by... 10:00! I KNOW WE CAN DOITTEAM."

I turn off my walkie whenever I hear the RC speech starting, if I was a guest and I overheard it I'd feel like I was scammed or something by getting a RC.

I like when they pit one TM group against another in a RC competition.

Oh so sneaky... NOT.

"How many RCs is that team? I know we can get more than that, don't forget to ask every guest if they're saving 5%?" Thanks for that rousing pep talk! I also love the blatantly generic great jobs that come from other TMs.
giphy.gif

A true feat of nature is sounding like a cheerleader on the walkie...while looking like this in person.
kanye-west-480x279.jpg

Cashiers do not need walkies.
Zebras get alerts when it comes to change requests or idle transactions. Cashiers can flash their lane light for other issues.
SD should be able to handle most cashier issues or they can call the GSA/GSTL if needed.

Cart attendants should have walkies, and even that one cashier who's been sent to zone, but otherwise, cashiers do not need walkies.

GS needs walkies hands down. As for cashiers, SCO absolutely, and then there should be 1-2 (depending on the day) general walkies for cashiers, that sit in a central location. No individual cashier needs their own.

Last edited:
Just think... 10 years from now all of that will be built into our nametags.

fbd.jpg

Cashiers NEED walkies in my store. We have front and back check lanes located in two opposite ends of the store. Guest service desk is located in the front and this is where the GSTL/ GSAs usually are. Ideally one GSA is assigned to the back but this doesn't always happen. If there is one present, they cant just stand around waiting for someone to help. Lights mean nothing in my store, especially in the back where we are abandoned a lot. My store was such a clusterfuck when I started and I remember being left completely alone for 2 hours in the back once because the girl with the walkie went home without letting me know and brought the walkie to TSC...left me with a huge line. It was also my second week there and I was minutes away from walking the fuck out and never coming back. I pressed the help button to no avail. My line was so long ppl started leaving the store.

So yeah in summary....we NEED cashiers with walkies in my store.

Guest service definetly needs a walkie. SCO usually has one; although many of our SCO people have one and refuse to use it. Or use it to call a GSTL over and make the GSTL call a department for a price check or something silly. My store has two levels, so our level without Guest Service needs a walkie at least late at night while there is only one GSA or GSTL, but I think it’s helpful to have one there at all times.

Certain cashiers just think they are all that and will grab one everytime. It annoys me so much because this one guy won’t even utilize it. He has it simply to call over a GSA/ GSTL.

If it was a super busy day I would grab one simply because it would be quicker to call the person/department I need.. sometimes it could be 5 or 10 minutes before the gsa would come over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back