Should HR Experts be leaders?

Just asked any HRE how many times they remind leaders about HR best practices and compliance. I’ve been without an ETL for months before and I know other HRE’s who have been without one for 6 months or longer. The HR role has a lot of compliance metrics that can cause fines if not managed - meal compliance, minor compliance, etc.
I think what they are trying to say is the PML leads and influences others but has a direct impact on store metrics, they can influence and even hold people accountable for failure, vertical alignment puts them in a spot where they can influence stores on PM without store interference where as an HRE can pull up a compliance report, pull up training, and pull up missing punches. but at the end of the day the TL for the area owns training, compliance, and is accountable for it not the HRE. HR is there to provide the information and the policies while ensuring its is a fun place to work and everyone is taken care of they dont hold team accountable because there is always an HRTL or and ETL-HR that is.

I actually do think HR experts should be leaders. I think there should be 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 depending how big the store is and we shouldn't have an HR etl and they should report to an HR BP. But.... my opinions don't count for much.

My husband is a PML. That's why I wrote what I did. It wasn't an argument just an add on
That would mean an HRBP would have to handle at the very least 20-25 tms and have to approve and look into 7-14 stores worth of disciplinary actions and be constantly in contact with about 50+ exempt leaders on stores issues. the reason it works for a PML is because they are not part of the store processes and their workload is more linear, its why they can move around in a district so easily. That HRBP would be burned out lol.

That would mean an HRBP would have to handle at the very least 20-25 tms and have to approve and look into 7-14 stores worth of disciplinary actions and be constantly in contact with about 50+ exempt leaders on stores issues. the reason it works for a PML is because they are not part of the store processes and their workload is more linear, its why they can move around in a district so easily. That HRBP would be burned out lol.
True true true. But also maybe we should have them be TLs and keep the ETL. And maybe I just wish I could hang out with my HR TMs lol

Back