I'm Lost! Should I be suspicious because I was released, let go, from Target on December 17th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far, we have 2 tms that know they are not being kept on. The one has a terrible attitude about it. The other has an "it is what it is" attitude. His philosophy is that he's got 2 and a half more months of experience that he didn't have before. He enjoyed his time working and is moving forward.

As far as I understand it, only two seasonal TMs -- both in the chronically understaffed Starbucks (that TL is a nightmare; there's no sugar coating it) -- are being kept in our store. My last night as a cashier is tomorrow. I'm in the "it is what it is" camp. I knew seasonal likely meant temporary, especially since the store was adequately (in mgmt's view) staffed for non-holidays.

Working there made the holidays far easier financially. Apart from the Red Card push (that interest rate makes me twitchy, though I signed up some debit cards), Iquite enjoyed myself. I'm eligible for rehire and may very well apply next holiday season if my freelance work doesn't pick up or I don't find a permanent PT day job by then. I need steady income, but didn't get worked up over something I couldn't control.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because you were let go at that particular time does not mean you are a "bad employee" or any such thing! I was let go after the holidays (started before Christmas and my last day was just a few days ago) and I was urged to reapply after thirty days. If you enjoyed your job, had good attendance, etc etc, then if you still want to work there again apply after the specified time frame. If you think there were issues, don't be afraid to ask them for a follow up interview afterwards to rate your performance (not saying they will, but it doesn't hurt to ask!) Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back