Archived Should I be taking pictures of my schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrZiggles

Om nom nom
A few days ago, I was heading out (weekend off, yay!) and the newest schedule was posted, so I decided to have a looksee). It was what it usually is, so I didn't think much of it and went home. This week, I was on myTime and noticed it was different. I checked the paper one and it's different now (it was posted during my weekend). While my schedule on this new one has a couple shifts I'm not keen on (such as scheduling me to work outside my availability), I'm not totally against it. Except for the fact that it's not the schedule that I originally saw and already planned for. HR denies any other schedule being posted. So I think I'm screwed. Would I be wise to start snapping pics of my schedule whenever a new one comes out? Would it even make a difference?

Hell we should all be taking pictures of our schedule I havn't even thought of that. WHY HAVE I BEEN WASTING TIME WRITING IT THIS WHOLE TIME!

The online schedule screws up and shows shifts that aren't real. Every page of the schedule is date and time stamped when it was printed. There should be no reason for the whole schedule, or even one page to be edited and reprinted.

Take pictures.
I've always recommended it and I suggest making a big deal out of it.
Also try and get everybody else to do it.
There more people doing it the less chance they will play with the schedule.

They can make changes to the schedule up to 24 hrs before the shift technically.

They can make changes to the schedule up to 24 hrs before the shift technically.

I'm pretty sure that's not true.
They kinda have to check with you about crap like that.
Surprise shift changes aren't supposed to be brand.
Anybody else know on this?

I've always been under the impression that the schedule for the current week and the next two weeks are supposed to be finalized. We've had times at our store where the next week's schedule isn't posted until 5 days before that week begins.

I'm pretty sure that's not true.
They kinda have to check with you about crap like that.
Surprise shift changes aren't supposed to be brand.
Anybody else know on this?
If your store still has paper time off request forms check there. if I remember correctly, that's where I read it but this was years ago. If changes are made to the schedule at my store, our HR tm puts a sign on the schedule and all over the time clock and in the break room to let people know.

Taking pictures of our schedule is highly frowned upon at my store, but I do it anyway. It saved me once when there was a discrepancy between my schedule and the grid. My schedule showed I started 30 minutes later than whatever was printed on the grid that day.

If they change my schedule and don't tell me about it...

Guess wut?

LOL
Exactly. Do they really expect you to login and check the schedule every day? They'll be the ones screwed if they don't at least tell you, and if they don't get your approval they can expect a call out. :)

I never look at the wall schedule anymore, only online and on myTime Self Service at the store. I know I shouldn't because I'm sure it's going to screw me over someday...

I always take photos of the paper schedule. I don't have to worry about losing the written one or mytime not working. Plus, I get to see who else is working that day, close to my name.

I overheard a TL telling a TM that she could not take a picture of her schedule because it would invade the privacy of the other TMs whos schedule would be in the picture.

I overheard a TL telling a TM that she could not take a picture of her schedule because it would invade the privacy of the other TMs whos schedule would be in the picture.

Which sounds suspiciously like a MUBE (Made Up Bullshit Excuse) used to justify a MUR (Made Up Rule) strictly for the purpose of CTA (Covering Their Asses).
If they were worried about the privacy of the other TMs they would give everyone their schedule privately.

So 100%, once the schedule is posted its finalized. If a change is needed they have to get with each TM individually and discuss. The TM is under no obligation to adjust their schedule, as we can only be held accountable for what's posted on the wall.

As far as privacy for taking pictures, @commiecorvus is right, its no issue since the schedule is posted in public. Now schedules do fall under privacy rules at Target (daily grids are supposed to be shredded, schedules aren't given out over the phone, etc.), so I would not be surprised if the wall schedule went away, and the online schedule was the only thing we had sometime in the future.

Some stores consider taking pics and copying schedules is a no no if capturing other people's schedules as well. But its out where other TMs can see it.

I quit Target way before myTime. But I had numerous incidents where my posted schedule was different from the computer schedule. Usually happens when the scheduling computer makes up the posted schedule, and then ETLs make additional edits, and no one printed the updated schedule.

But I would go with the printed schedule first. But I would confirm your schedule with your ETL.

The sad part is, spot is known to change schedules & reprint the wall schedule without telling anyone. Taking a picture is ok with me, because in plain sight on the wall so everyone to see it.
If privacy was a concern, then why does it hang on the wall in the first place?

There's a difference between it hanging on a wall where the TMs can see it and taking a picture/making a copy of yours (and someone else's schedule) for you and anyone else to look at outside of Target whenever they please.

I understand the reasoning and it makes me uncomfortable whenever I see someone snapping a picture (our schedule specifically says no making photo copies), but I sort of get why you all do it...especially if your stores are all making changes after the schedule is up and not telling anyone. But I will point out on the bottom of the schedule it says when it was printed out. So that right there will tell you if that page was printed out after the schedule was posted.

If your store still has paper time off request forms check there. if I remember correctly, that's where I read it but this was years ago. If changes are made to the schedule at my store, our HR tm puts a sign on the schedule and all over the time clock and in the break room to let people know.
At my store the HR TM will print a copy with just the person who had their schedule changed (if the only changed a few people's), otherwise they do the same and put up signs.

The issue with taking pictures is that it becomes much harder to control who sees it outside of target. What if someone takes a picture and posts it to Instagram?

That being said, I don't give a shit if someone gets my schedule in their picture and I do it all the time.

I just think it's kinda creepy. I mean it's one thing to take a picture of the schedule, and sure my schedule happens to be in that picture because you are taking a picture of it...but it's the same result if you hand copy down my schedule and taking it home with you so you know when I work.

They have changed my schedule on multiple occasions. Most of the time it is just to shorten a shift if they are low on hours, and one time they actually made my shift longer. They never told me about it, and I have been told that they can make changes up to 24 hours before your scheduled shift without telling you. Dont know how true this is, but they have changed mine many times without notifying me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back