Archived Should I be taking pictures of my schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad I don't work at your stores. Never had a problem with the stores I've worked at and I've had some pretty sneaky ETLs. The posted schedule was always final and if a change was to be made we were asked before hand and we had the choice to decline a change.

Also when it came time to cut hours it was never forced upon us to cut our shift. They would ask, but if you wanted the hours you were scheduled you could keep them. Better not be a minute over though.

But I will point out on the bottom of the schedule it says when it was printed out. So that right there will tell you if that page was printed out after the schedule was posted.

Yup. That was pointed out to me. But the time printed was after I had went home for the weekend. So I couldn't have seen it. My other theory is that perhaps someone switched the current schedule spot with the +2 weeks schedule spot. I've seen that happen before. And I've pointed it out to HR, stating that at some point it'd confuse someone and they're going to miss work. That would have been me if I didn't check MyTime every other day out of paranoia.

On a different note, I made my stink about it today. The new HR TM probably thinks I'm a crazy person. In my defense, that schedule is all over the place while it's been really consistent for the past two months. It also doesn't help that it scheduled me outside my availability.

Glad I don't work at your stores. Never had a problem with the stores I've worked at and I've had some pretty sneaky ETLs. The posted schedule was always final and if a change was to be made we were asked before hand and we had the choice to decline a change.

Also when it came time to cut hours it was never forced upon us to cut our shift. They would ask, but if you wanted the hours you were scheduled you could keep them. Better not be a minute over though.
Sounds like you work at one of the good stores. I have never been asked to cut hours...I have been told...but never asked.

Sounds like you work at one of the good stores. I have never been asked to cut hours...I have been told...but never asked.
I wouldn't say one of the good stores....but I guess I can say I've been fortunate.

There was a team member in my district that got into legal trouble for taking pics of it. They got charged with stealing copyrighted material or something.,,;

Team member showed up yesterday for a 10am-6pm shift because that's what the online schedule said. When he got to the store the board had him at a 5:30pm-10pm and he was sent home. He showed the STL and HRETL the schedule and they wouldn't do anything.

There was a team member in my district that got into legal trouble for taking pics of it. They got charged with stealing copyrighted material or something.,,;

Team member showed up yesterday for a 10am-6pm shift because that's what the online schedule said. When he got to the store the board had him at a 5:30pm-10pm and he was sent home. He showed the STL and HRETL the schedule and they wouldn't do anything.

That ain't even bullshit, that's horseshit!

Stealing insider/company owned information. I would completely believe this. They will let people get away with it for a while...but if someone is uncomfortable having someone else take their schedule home, or if they are looking to term someone, they will crack down on it. And the person caught won't have a leg to stand on.

That's some serious bullshit right there. I would be raising some hell if that happened to me.

You could raise all the hell you wanted...but they wouldn't care. They'd probably tell you to either come back later or not at all. Remember...they are afraid to say "no" to the guests, but then make up for it by telling us "no" to everything.

I used to take pictures because a couple of times I wrote down a Tuesday on a Wednesday or whatever. Not because I cared about the schedule of the person below me. I used to crop it anyway because I cant even tell if I'm looking at the right row if I don't lol. My vision is crazily impaired I guess. I don't write it down or take a picture now. I only look at the paper one when it goes up and when I'm procrastinating.

My coworkers don't write my schedule down or take a picture of it and they still know my days off/on better than I do. I used to hate that because they'd use it to try to get swaps when I didn't wanna swap, but now, I don't even care. As long as they're joking every time they say "I'm gonna write your name down and make you take my shift!" or whatever. Omg. The first time that happened... This woman had a problem with her time off request and had something important and She really didn't wanna call out... She sounded so serious and I was sooo creeped out that she knew my schedule so well. I was outraged by the whole existence of paper copies back then. Macy's is all online or you can print it from the register. My stalker coworkers come in handy sometimes, though, so I'm over it, now

I really think they need to find a better way to deliver the schedule. From a AP standpoint it causes a huge security breach the team knowing when Security works.

My old ap guy came just above me on the schedule. I remember after I found out his name, I was so shocked that they just let us see it and they put it on the grid. I also thought it was weird that ap always left at the same time every night, too, though. And they almost never stay til closing. It's like they wanted to make it really easy for thieves to gather intel.

My old ap guy came just above me on the schedule. I remember after I found out his name, I was so shocked that they just let us see it and they put it on the grid. I also thought it was weird that ap always left at the same time every night, too, though. And they almost never stay til closing. It's like they wanted to make it really easy for thieves to gather intel.
This. Almost all the same shift times. Some weekends off. Not that our ap isn't a joke. As was the one before this one...

That's a necessity now that hours have been scaled back so dramatically for AP. There was a time when AP work center could afford to have their teams working till close or even a little later but not anymore. It all comes down to the fact that at most stores there's more need for AP at 2 or 3 in the afternoon than 10 or 11 at night. It's a number's game and they pretty much do the best they can.

That's a necessity now that hours have been scaled back so dramatically for AP. There was a time when AP work center could afford to have their teams working till close or even a little later but not anymore. It all comes down to the fact that at most stores there's more need for AP at 2 or 3 in the afternoon than 10 or 11 at night. It's a number's game and they pretty much do the best they can.

My store's been like that for years. And we had two ap guys before the one was fired (the job is open now) so not having one at close ever makes no sense to me. And even if they don't always have an ap on duty, vary the fricking schedule so no one can just learn it! I don't get that part. At all. The one time we had a major theft incident, the woman was there before he left. He said something to her, then she wandered around the store until close lol. She was super terrible at thieving and we had the cops ready for her, but she was also nuts and in a weird state and everyone was terrified to interact with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back