Archived Should I be worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I was scheduled to close on Friday night, and then also scheduled to start at 8 am on Saturday. I've done that a few times before, and it's never really been an issue. It's not like I'm there super late, nor do I have to wake up horrifically early. Even so, I somehow managed to sleep through my alarm on Saturday... I woke up at 8:01 in a state of general panic. So I hurried up and called the store, spoke with the LOD and profusely apologized and made sure she knew I was going to get there ASAP (I only live about 10 minutes from the store). I probably sounded like I was on the verge of tears, because I was still so frazzled by the whole situation. Anyhow, she basically just said "We understand! Drive safe!" I got there at 8:30 on the dot.

When I actually got to work, I was working with my TL and she seemed pretty cool about it... Not really angry or anything. But we also didn't exactly get a chance to have a heart-to-heart about it, because it was so busy all day. I'm not gonna lie though - I still walked around most of the day feeling like at any moment, they were gonna be like "Oh, by the way... You know you're fired, right?" Heh.

My question is... Since I'm still within my 90 day new-hire period, is this something that could come back to hurt me? Otherwise, I think I've been a great employee (in my own humble opinion), so I'd hate for such a dumb mistake to be a S against me... But I guess I'd also understand if it was!

ETA: And yeah, I realize I probably should've asked to speak with my ETL, but at that moment (for some reason) LOD was the first one to come to my mind! Also, I can never remember when my ETL is there...

Last edited:
I was 4 hours late to a shift in my first two weeks, I profusely apologized and went on with the rest of my scheduled shift. It happens, and if you're a good employee otherwise they shouldn't hold it over your head.

Judging by how much you seem to care about it (and your job), you'll probably be fine! You definitely seem to value your job and it'll show in your work.

I was a softlines closer, I was hired non-seasonal after the holidays years ago...third week, I must have not copied my schedule down right, I thought I was supposed to work Thursday, but turns out it was Tuesday. Fortunately my store still called people who were that late then (now I'd of just never known and gotten an NCNS)....and in your first 90 days...that's usually it. So I got super lucky.

Thanks for responding, everyone! Glad to hear I don't have too much to worry about, and I handled it correctly! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back