Archived Should I report this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I worked an 11 and half cashiering shift today after being asked to do so. During my shift a woman was trying to purchase over a dozen Disney gift cards with her brand new red card (recipe rather). She was asking me if she got the five percent off and when I said I wasn’t sure, she kept asking me to try. I tried explaining that if we tried it, it would be charging her card regardless...so I said I would ask to make sure and flicked my light. The GSA comes over and I ask and she replies, “No, I’m pretty sure you can do that with certain giftcards, but you’ll have to call that number.” So the lady says she’ll do it another time and carries on. I put the cards in my reshop bin and that’s that. Now later my ETL who wasn’t even there when this happened comes up to me and says “So earlier when that guest was trying to get the Disney cards, did you try to do the transaction?” Confused I say, there wasn’t any transaction she was trying to get 5% off with her red card and then didn’t want them so I put them aside. He then says, “But we advertise the discount on the Disney giftcards.” I didn’t know that so I explained that I told the guest I wasn’t sure, flicked my light and asked the GSA and walked him through what she said. He then says “I think you’re wrong on that.” And walks away. I have literally no idea what I did wrong or what he thinks I did, but I think this is very unjust behavior when I asked for help and then told the truth and am some how “wrong on that”. Should I go to HR? I’m feeling very nervous about the whole thing.

So I worked an 11 and half cashiering shift today after being asked to do so. During my shift a woman was trying to purchase over a dozen Disney gift cards with her brand new red card (recipe rather). She was asking me if she got the five percent off and when I said I wasn’t sure, she kept asking me to try. I tried explaining that if we tried it, it would be charging her card regardless...so I said I would ask to make sure and flicked my light. The GSA comes over and I ask and she replies, “No, I’m pretty sure you can do that with certain giftcards, but you’ll have to call that number.” So the lady says she’ll do it another time and carries on. I put the cards in my reshop bin and that’s that. Now later my ETL who wasn’t even there when this happened comes up to me and says “So earlier when that guest was trying to get the Disney cards, did you try to do the transaction?” Confused I say, there wasn’t any transaction she was trying to get 5% off with her red card and then didn’t want them so I put them aside. He then says, “But we advertise the discount on the Disney giftcards.” I didn’t know that so I explained that I told the guest I wasn’t sure, flicked my light and asked the GSA and walked him through what she said. He then says “I think you’re wrong on that.” And walks away. I have literally no idea what I did wrong or what he thinks I did, but I think this is very unjust behavior when I asked for help and then told the truth and am some how “wrong on that”. Should I go to HR? I’m feeling very nervous about the whole thing.

If that was the conversation, I'd let it go.

You get 5% off the Disney passes, but the cards that are used as cash should not be effected by the discount.

I'd say forget about it and if a conversation does happen just ask who you should go to with your questions next time if it's not the GSTL.

I had two guys come to SCO with literally entire baskets filled with 100$ iTunes cards. I'm chatting it up with one of these guys and he says "We got like $40,000 from our work as a bonus!" and they're two raggedy guys and I'm like "Damn, bro, I wish I worked there." and my STL happened to be walking by and I signaled him and he stopped it all.

Most stores have some sort of gift card policy where guests can only buy three or five cards a day. You did nothing wrong, but the GSA was wrong because I think Disney giftcards do get 5% off.

I had two guys come to SCO with literally entire baskets filled with 100$ iTunes cards. I'm chatting it up with one of these guys and he says "We got like $40,000 from our work as a bonus!" and they're two raggedy guys and I'm like "Damn, bro, I wish I worked there." and my STL happened to be walking by and I signaled him and he stopped it all.

Most stores have some sort of gift card policy where guests can only buy three or five cards a day. You did nothing wrong, but the GSA was wrong because I think Disney giftcards do get 5% off.
Yeah that sounds like hardcore fraud going on there, which is why we limit those purchases. Never trust somebody buying giftcards like that, almost always something shifty going on

You actually believed them?

You actually believed them?

I was already suspicious so that's why I want up to talk to them, I had no easy way to discretely call anyone and saw my STL walking by and just got him to do the deed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back