Archived Should I take SBTL even though it's a trap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been at target since late December of last year (yes I was hired the DAY the breach hit the media). Applied for electronics TM but only sbux was available so I took it to get my foot in the door. LOL!! Since that time we went from 8 TMs down to 2 (only 2 trained at entire store) and went through 6 TLs. Kinda embarrassing since we're like a C volume store. I honestly really enjoy working sbux because I'm super good with guests and can have fun doing any job.

But I hate working anything having to do with food and our sbux dm and I pretty much hate each other.

I was offered a gsa position, interviewed for it and got it. Had one day of training (so yes I can make requisitions and do service desk which is awesome). Never scheduled over there again due to our staffing.

Today the ctl, gstl, stl, and even etl-log came over while I was working all to convince me (basically bully) me into taking SBTL. And they are not taking no for an answer. It's probably the last TL position id ever want and I don't even want to be a TL. just a gsa cause soo much less responsibility!

I feel like if I don't take it there will be subtle consequences.

I also get by far the most Redcards every day I work at STARBUCKS and yet they want me making lattes?

Been at target since late December of last year (yes I was hired the DAY the breach hit the media). Applied for electronics TM but only sbux was available so I took it to get my foot in the door. LOL!! Since that time we went from 8 TMs down to 2 (only 2 trained at entire store) and went through 6 TLs. Kinda embarrassing since we're like a C volume store. I honestly really enjoy working sbux because I'm super good with guests and can have fun doing any job.

But I hate working anything having to do with food and our sbux dm and I pretty much hate each other.

I was offered a gsa position, interviewed for it and got it. Had one day of training (so yes I can make requisitions and do service desk which is awesome). Never scheduled over there again due to our staffing.

Today the ctl, gstl, stl, and even etl-log came over while I was working all to convince me (basically bully) me into taking SBTL. And they are not taking no for an answer. It's probably the last TL position id ever want and I don't even want to be a TL. just a gsa cause soo much less responsibility!

I also get by far the most Redcards every day I work at STARBUCKS and yet they want me making lattes?
It's a 3 dollar raise. Do it

lol yeah I guess the extra money is cool but I don't want to run a Starbucks when I don't even like sbux to begin with

lol yeah I guess the extra money is cool but I don't want to run a Starbucks when I don't even like sbux to begin with

SB is one of the best TL gigs in the store. All you do is place orders and boss team members around.

3 dollars??? O wow usually its a 5 to 6 at our store plus merit raises

GSA isn't less responsibility than SBTL IMO. It's less authority, not responsibility. GSA doesn't have fewer tasks to do.

If you're a leader you can get by with simply bossing the sbux team around and not touching anything gooey. My Team Lead does it regularly. No one respects him/her, but *shrug*.

I was offered a gsa position, interviewed for it and got it. Had one day of training (so yes I can make requisitions and do service desk which is awesome).

GSAs aren't supposed to requisition things, at least not at my store.

The GSAs at my store requisition things all the time at my store. If they didn't want us to, they would have a special supervisor access below supervisor for us. Heck, I can't tell you how often an LOD comes up to me and says, "Here, requisition this when you get a chance."

Same, they do it near daily at our store. Often the closing LOD asks the GSA to requisition everyone a drink and candy when we leave.

I think there are pros and cons to taking the position, but if you strongly feel it's not for you then don't take it. Don't let your leadership team bully you into doing something you know will make you unhappy later.

This is what happened to me. Word for word. With the Starbucks TL position. I quit the company within a few weeks. If you don't think it's right for you, don't take it.

Starbucks TL is NOT one of the easier TL positions. They have a lot to deal with and more bosses. Not only do the Starbucks department have Target managers over them, we also have our Starbucks overlords, mainly our Starbucks District Manager and occasionally the Regional Managers. It's not an easy job so make sure you think twice. My SBTL is awesome and I see the crap she goes through so I know it's not easy.

First off idk where everyone else is but in my store it's only like a $2 raise. Besides that starbucks is not the easiest position. Recently at my store we promoted a salesfloor tm to sbtl and it has not been easy for her. It is not an easy position, yes you have a small team to manage but you are doing a lot. They can not force you to take a position you don't want. Stand your ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back