Archived Should I transfer stores ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been at Target for over a year now, and recently about 3 months ago I ended up moving about 25 minutes away from the store I am currently at.. When I was working at this one, I would say I was maybe 8 mins away at most.. Now that Im driving more, Im noticing the gas going quicker and things like that.. There is a store closer to me that's about 10 mins away.. I was thinking of going there.. Does anyone have any advice on transferring between stores, good or bad experiences when doing it.

I have some pros & cons

Pros: Less gas used, only $1.87 used round trip- compared to $5.23 a day for the store Im at now

Less Miles driven everyday, only 8.4 miles for the new store compared to 25.5 for the store Im at now

I believe the start time for this store is about 2.5 hours sooner then the one Im at now, so Id be done sooner

Cons:

I wont know anyone, at all

At the store Im at now, theyre really cool about giving hours when needed and reducing them when needed for school and stuff

I have made some pretty good friends at the location Im at now

I feel like the managers really are lient and do look out for the workers at the store Im at now, not sure about this new one

I'm in the same boat. The store I'd be transferring to would be a Super. Not sure the volume. I helped with the remodel, but didn't get a feel for my job. Also don't know if my hours would be the same. I guess I could talk to someone at that store? A GSTL transferred and she said that I could work over there for a day to see how it is. Not sure if that's true. She said our store is more laid back than their store. I couldn't possibly pull anymore for the 12's, so I assume they have two people pulling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back