Archived Showing up and being told to leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I show up for a shift, and they tell me they don’t need me and tell me to go home before I clock in, do i still get paid for a minimum of four hours since i showed up?

This happened to me last night and I have a couple people telling me that i should still be paid since I was there, is that true?

No you do not get paid for hours not worked. You have a right to stay and work your scheduled shift. They may ask you to leave early to save payroll but you have the right to work your shift. You might be able to use vacation hours.

1e63e9af-76b0-4e72-8cdf-e5f30479d7a8-jpeg.4712

I remember my ETL last Christmas calling me in "with opportunities of overtime" to come in and backstock. Backstock was done within an hour of me being there... and I asked if I could go home.... They said "okay".

Not sure if that one hour, amounted to 3 hours of overtime pay for one hour of work.....

But I hope it did.

If you asked if you could go home, you are volunteering to leave early and would not qualify to be paid for 3 hours.

If I show up for a shift, and they tell me they don’t need me and tell me to go home before I clock in, do i still get paid for a minimum of four hours since i showed up?

This happened to me last night and I have a couple people telling me that i should still be paid since I was there, is that true?

What a bunch of bullshit. The idiots running the company couldn't manage my dog's food dish. This is why we lost billions of dollars in Canada. BILLIONS!! And they certainly have zero idea how to schedule. You can bet that if I drive my ass all the way to work, I'm working and getting paid.

What a bunch of bullshit. The idiots running the company couldn't manage my dog's food dish. This is why we lost billions of dollars in Canada. BILLIONS!! And they certainly have zero idea how to schedule. You can bet that if I drive my ass all the way to work, I'm working and getting paid.
If Target doesn't get its act together logistically, before we all take on this pilot, it will be another Target Canada.

In order for it to work, they need to get their logistics plans, put into motion SUCCESSFULLY.

Right now all I have seen is video of some electronics Cage type vehicles leaving a truck trailer with big neon letters saying "The Future! of Target Logistics!).

To keep it short and simple I will say, Target is starting at the wrong end, of End2End.

God i wish that would happen to me. Got a couple full cashier shifts coming up and I want to quit by the 2 hour mark lol
Are you coded as a GSTM? If not ask to switch. Since I did last summer I’ve gotten like one cashier shift. Like the best decision I ever made

Are you coded as a GSTM? If not ask to switch. Since I did last summer I’ve gotten like one cashier shift. Like the best decision I ever made

Doesn't make a difference at my store. If I need a service desk person to cashier, I will give them cashier shifts. All of my GSTM have at least one cashier or SCO shift a week.

Doesn't make a difference at my store. If I need a service desk person to cashier, I will give them cashier shifts. All of my GSTM have at least one cashier or SCO shift a week.
At my store for the most part GSTMs are GSTMs. There’s one or two who are double coded and do both.

5 and half hours every day and I am in a five hour state and they wonder why I get so little done after lunch.. "Um cause I am here for 30 minutes so I pick most of cart and punch out."

5 and half hours every day and I am in a five hour state and they wonder why I get so little done after lunch.. "Um cause I am here for 30 minutes so I pick most of cart and punch out."
This. I'm a minor so 5 for me too. Have had to remind leaders many times that I should just leave at 4:50 since there's no point in me staying then going on an unpaid lunch then leaving right after. If I'm not getting paid I'd rather just go home

At my store for the most part GSTMs are GSTMs. There’s one or two who are double coded and do both.
I’m double coded as well but most of my shifts are scheduled cashier since we technically only get one GS opener and one closer. However I usually end up doing GS for my shift anyway

Last summer we got a GSTM transfer from another state. It was something like her 2nd or 3rd day working there. We were triple-covered at the service desk and had backups at the lanes, so I asked her to jump on register. She tried to tell me she wasn't cashier trained......

Let's just say she didn't last after that week.

Last summer we got a GSTM transfer from another state. It was something like her 2nd or 3rd day working there. We were triple-covered at the service desk and had backups at the lanes, so I asked her to jump on register. She tried to tell me she wasn't cashier trained......

Let's just say she didn't last after that week.
How can you work at guest service and NOT be cashier trained? o_O

Crikey, I hope not.

I'd hate to go back to stripping...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back