Archived Sick at work

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at work this morning and had been there for about four hours when I started feeling really sick. I went over and told my team lead and then told she told the LOD and they both said it was ok. I'm under 90 days and I was wondering if this will be points against me? I really couldn't work focus on my tasks and helping guests because I felt so bad. I've never called in sick or said I was sick before at work before and I've been working at Target for almost two months now

Yes it will count against you. Just don't make a habit of having attendance issues.

Not necessarily. If you looked sick, your store's leadership doesn't want you there...cause you might get other TMs sick. Just be sure to not have any more sick days, don't be late, and do your job well!
Most store's are desperate for good TMs, especially with the holidays around the corner.

Showing up and then leaving is probably WAY better than just calling out period. I don't see it being a problem if you have no other attendance issues, and are a good worker otherwise.

IF it were to count against you it would be that you had to leave before your scheduled time ...not the same thing as a call out . So, don't stress about it . Hope you feel better!

I was sick as a dog at work today. I was working at a slow pace (for me) but at pace my peers usually work. My TL kept dogging me about, "Have you finished this yet? Will that be complete before you go to lunch?" Yes, I wasn't working the way I usually do. I've got a pretty severe upper respiratory something-or-other and I was doing the best I could. My point? Don't feel bad about going home when you're sick because they don't appreciate it if you try to "tough it out."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back