Archived Sick Days..

Status
Not open for further replies.
unlike other full time jobs that give a # of paid sick days for each employee a year..when we call off we don't get paid .. but how does Target/HR look at call offs ie flu days or god forbid emerg surgery that keeps out for 3 weeks.. do they hold your job??

Post is a little confusing but I will do my best to answer. Some big cities (SF, Seattle) now require businesses to offer sick pay. Like HLM shared, depends on your local laws.

If you dont have sick pay and you have been with Target for a year you can always use your vacation pay as long as you do not exceed your average hours.

If you are out for more than two weeks due to a surgery, you should get a doctors note and possibly explore a medical LOA.

As long as you communicate during the process your job will be there for you when you return.

Sorry,, HRZone,other than the Target booklet I was given at Orientation last year,, I have no inf on calling off, sick days, vacation days... our HR person is like Esmeralda and everyone is scared of her...
my main question is how many call offs can one employee have during a year??? and are they held against them?? also,, when I schedule a day off for a appt. ie hair/dental/doctor is that day considered a vacation day??? I have no idea there are any such days???

If you request a day off, you have to go ehr & hit the option called use my pay or vacation for that date.
On call offs, every store is different.

"hit the option called use my pay or vacation for that date" I question "use my pay or vacation for that date"

thks for your reply Hardlines Master BUT... ive only been at Target 5 months... I have no vacation .. do I??

"hit the option called use my pay or vacation for that date" I question "use my pay or vacation for that date"

thks for your reply Hardlines Master BUT... ive only been at Target 5 months... I have no vacation .. do I??
Ck on ehr or pay stub for that info.

thks for your reply Hardlines Master BUT... ive only been at Target 5 months... I have no vacation .. do I?

Doubtful, I believe it takes 1000 hours and 1 year of service to start accumulating vacation (at least where I am), EHR will let you know what you have.

my main question is how many call offs can one employee have during a year??? and are they held against them?? also,, when I schedule a day off for a appt. ie hair/dental/doctor is that day considered a vacation day??? I have no idea there are any such days???

The call out question varies by store. Some are understanding and some will let you go if you are not good about attendance. There is no "set number" but more than 2 call outs in one month gets you a verbal coaching at my store.

You can use a vacation day anytime you dont come to work but I suggest when you have doctors appointments you schedule the day off rather than call out. Request unpaid time off so you arent scheduled. Stores get frustrated when they schedule you and you dont show up bc now they have to recruit someone to fill your absence.

Now that they don't pay out your remaining sick hours who has been brave enough to call out 10 straight days to use it all?

where I work now we earn sick time
And we can use it but if we run out we get an Accurence it takes 6 months for one of those to wipe off our record. But we also have st and lt disability

Now that they don't pay out your remaining sick hours who has been brave enough to call out 10 straight days to use it all?
Do you have to call out to use sick time? Pretty sure the whole 3 hours we got (at my store) this past year could be used at any time, just like regular paid time off.

Maybe it's just my store, but you may have to hound whoever schedules you if you request time off. Otherwise it may get auto-denied before they even see it. Request early and check often until it goes through. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back