COVID-19 Sick leave during coronavirus?

ah... so the employee / corporate forum is only available while at work. Well- please y'all still working, feel free to share any updates!

Going to go to work tomorrow morning and have a (mask covered) sit down with my HR (I love her y'all- I feel like if she had the power, she'd be waving a magic wand and making sure we all got paid, but she's only got so much - whats the word - autonomy? decision making power? meh) and have a heart to heart about it all.

One thing I feel *really* bad about is how hard hit my area is right now. I know OPU/SFS is absolutely hammered. It was a week ago, I can only guess how bad it is now. Also probably a source of my bad, self loathing nightmares LOL. (yeah. lol. what else can I do?)

I really wish I could work in a hazmat suit. Not for myself, but for eliminating all unknowns as far as transmission, earning a paycheck, and helping my team at a time where they really Really could use it.

I'll update tomorrow afternoon if I am working / not working / paid / unpaid / fornicated / not fornicated by "the system" 😂

PS apparently my governor has decided that one county is worth extra attention - not wrongly so given their # of positive results- but not rightly so given the lack of testing in the rest of the state. I've NEVER wished I lived in Broward County before (YUUUUCK) but at least if I did, I could get a national guard level emergency testing done. Meh. Life in these united states?

Thanks for being here. <3

I would call first, TBH. Call and state your concerns and ask if she wants you to come in to talk or do it over the phone.

Quarantine pay – in the case of team members being placed under mandatory quarantine, we’ll provide 14 days of pay.
Here's the thing, you missed one important word there 'mandatory'. Vox article quote - "For the moment, at least, mandatory quarantines remain a hypothetical in the United States" Source: Your legal rights in a quarantine, explained - https://www.vox.com/2020/3/11/21166621/coronavirus-quarantines-legal-constitution-new-rochelle

You can't be placed under mandatory quarantine by your doctor. You could be placed in mandatory quarantine if you traveled outside the country to a hot-spot like say Italy.

I'm not trying to argue. I'm just putting it out there, because i'm in a similar situation to OP and i'm also looking for answers. I think more people will need this info soon, in order to decide what to do. So OP, anybody else, ya get paid? I know ASANTS, but any info would be appreciated.

I no longer work for Target anymore but I still read these forums. I’m a manager for a different company now and we have a new payout just for Coronavirus

think in ourmenu it says like “contamination pay” or something I forgot.
like our menu has Sick time,vacation time etc and then contamination pay lol. I know it starts with con

just don’t remember if it said corona virus or contamination but it’s to pay people for 14 days if they test positive.So it’s separate than sick pay for us.

Take a leave. You aren't helping your store at all by not just giving them a date you will be back.

this might sound dumb but what does the waved absenteeism policy mean specifically? I've called out my shifts three weeks in a row now, I understand they won't pay for the time I miss I just don't want to be fired for calling out so much constantly.

Why not go on an LOA? Better than calling out.

Back