Archived Sick of working close then got to open

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have told them many times im sick of working 2 to 10:30 then 8 to 4 the next day after I work a close shift I want sleep in and wake up and hang out with my son but no wtf is it time to change my times and risk losing hours?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1474093918192.jpg
    FB_IMG_1474093918192.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 31
What department are you? Backroom is killer for those shifts but cashier isn't so bad

Put in a schedule request - my time self service. Type a reason, make something up.

I work close to open a lot. If I want a change, I just schedule a "doctor appointment" or "tutoring kids" or "cooking for a sick friend".

One time I was asked to come in on a Friday for a full shift starting at four in the morning to help ESFS and since I love being backroom because it's a nice break from guests, I excitedly said yes. This was when I wouldn't really review my schedule I would just check the start time of the shift the day before.

Come Wednesday night, I realized I closed Thursday and I was going crazy trying to have someone cover my service desk shift for that night but couldn't find anyone so I ended up just working both shifts. And for some awful unknown reason, I couldn't sleep well so I actually went more than 24 hours without sleep. Luckily, we were drowning in so many orders, I was running on pure adrenaline and didn't even notice how tired I was. Lol.

Put in a schedule request - my time self service. Type a reason, make something up.

I work close to open a lot. If I want a change, I just schedule a "doctor appointment" or "tutoring kids" or "cooking for a sick friend".

I always put jokes in for my reason. My etls love it. For years I assumed no one read it, and it didn't matter. Then one day one of them told me they laugh about it. For Superbowl Sunday I always put some ridiculous party name with as many words as i can think of like "10th annual bowl game with a Beyoncé concert wing extravaganza on a Sunday night football party, because this is America!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back