Archived Sick time (sorry stupid question)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw on Kronos that I have nearly 80 hours of sick time. What do I do with this?

I have been sick and called out in the past but never knew I had sick hours. So next time I am sick I guess I do something on ehr and get paid for being sick?
I’m kinda annoyed I didn’t know about this before because I don’t want to call out sick but I did earn all of those sick hours that I haven’t used, right?

Any guidance on how sick hours work and the best way to handle it is greatly appreciated. I’m used to working a salaried job where you take a sick day or two, but have no idea how hourly jobs work with sick days.
Bonus if you can tell me how vacation days work....

Just saw on Kronos that I have nearly 80 hours of sick time. What do I do with this?

I have been sick and called out in the past but never knew I had sick hours. So next time I am sick I guess I do something on ehr and get paid for being sick?
I’m kinda annoyed I didn’t know about this before because I don’t want to call out sick but I did earn all of those sick hours that I haven’t used, right?

Any guidance on how sick hours work and the best way to handle it is greatly appreciated. I’m used to working a salaried job where you take a sick day or two, but have no idea how hourly jobs work with sick days.
Bonus if you can tell me how vacation days work....
Everytime you call in sick you should use your sick hour that way your attendance won’t be affected . Also you don’t go in ehr , your hr has a form where you fill it up for the days you called out . As for vacations hours , you can use them when you have a vacation planned out . For example I went to Europe for few weeks . At the end of the day I clocked out and submitted my vacation hours on my time on ehr.

What is the limit for sick time? Do you stop to accrue after a certain amount?

Must be maxed at 80 hours. I never call out but one day I left 2 hours early because I became nauseous and dizzy. My sick hours available dropped to 78 and a few weeks later was back up to 80 and has stayed there, havn’t used any more and it hasn’t gone up either. I’m pretty sure I lost all 80 last year and it started to grow at the beginning of the year up to 80 - i fully expect to forfeit the 80 I have again this year. Price I pay for being healthy and not wanting to lie that i’m Sick for a day off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back