Archived Signing Area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone please describe to me in detail (or send me a picture) of their signing area? TM's struggle to find signing, and when they eventually do, it takes them about 20 minutes to do so. I would like to fix it!

Isn't it located in your fixture room?
Mines is not located in the fixture room. Its in a room next to it. The way I have it set up is I have all the backerpaper organized by department on the bottom shelf. Then I have a section on the second shelf for HL which is divided into each department...then broken down into a section for transitions and slpn by date. The same for SL. On the other side I have space for when we have a real big transition and I put everything needed for it in that section. For example the big pallet of stationary we got I put it there and I didnt break it down until we set it last week. Above that is where I keep all of the revision signing and displays for the person on plano that does those. It makes it easier so they wont have to search through all of the rest of the store signing especially when some times the revision box is so small it can get lost within the rest of the boxes. Next to that is where I keep all of the new and old displays that come in. I keep the old ones there until Friday when I audit the aisles that were done that week and make sure they are not carry forward. Then I trash them. Usually plano would do it but sometimes they throw away stuff we need so the PTL decided its best if they just put it in the signing area and let us double check. For the very big awkward boxes we get I have a spot on the side where I stand them up so people can read the sign on them.

With all that being said I still get called over the walkie by LOD,TL, and TM asking have I seen something. It has gotten to the point that I tell them over the walkie "Go to the signing area turn right look on the second shelf. it will be the 3 box from the left of the HL section." In the end no one wants to look especially when you just broke down the pallets. No one likes to read through it all plus people will grab their sign out of the box and leave the box there on the shelf,so they wont have to take it to the baler and break it down lol.

I would take a picture but Im afraid people here would know which store I work at based on my notes and everything haha

Pictures would be very revealing if someone else works at the same store... from what ive seen in about 5 different stores each fixture room is pretty unique... From your description it sounds as if you keep your area pretty organized. Seems that your team just needs to be educated more in how to find the signing, that or they just want you to do it for them..... I work closely with my Signing TM and help break down every pallet so I can maintain the brand I've established with organization. Even with that we get asked wheres this and wheres that, bottom line for our store is, ETLs/TLs who help out with sales planners or small sets, just dont want to look for the signing thats standing right in front of them.

Isn't it located in your fixture room?
With all that being said I still get called over the walkie by LOD,TL, and TM asking have I seen something. It has gotten to the point that I tell them over the walkie "Go to the signing area turn right look on the second shelf. it will be the 3 box from the left of the HL section." In the end no one wants to look especially when you just broke down the pallets. No one likes to read through it all plus people will grab their sign out of the box and leave the box there on the shelf,so they wont have to take it to the baler and break it down lol.

I would take a picture but Im afraid people here would know which store I work at based on my notes and everything haha

yes, this. i saw this post when it posted, and i was going to mention something about pictures being very telling about the store you are in.

i get the exact same "calls" that signzero mentioned. the teams are lazy and rushed, no one wants to go to the back. i can give directions just as exact as signzero mentioned and they will still say that they couldn't find it. the sad thing is that i try not to do so because while i do have most things memorized, i can't memorize exactly everything that is coming off of the pallet, and if i don't remember seeing something they would take that as their ticket of not having to worry about it and then they'll try to hold ME accountable for them not looking. so if i know where it is i tell them, if not i tell them its probably back there, i just don't remember where because at the end of the day they need to be responsible for checking themselves.

for my signing section i sort everything by dept (basically by "color"), date, and then i rewrite the NAME of the box and the date really large in bold marker because i literally got told "it is too hard to go back and read all these boxes, the print is so small". so, yeah.

i have successfully kept the salesplanner section away from the POG section for the past five years, however my STL has an agenda against me and wants to combine that. in an effort to save my sanity (literally NONE of the salesplanner TMs get held accountible for what do or do not bother to set) i have to put it into light duty shelving (as opposed to steel) to keep the division. does anybody else do this? i know we talked a looong time ago about some signing specs that actually "backstocked" their signs this way and used light duty. my thoughts are to divide by TL or department; but then i probably have to have a separate section for the CORE items, but also i don't know what to do with my large focal signs. i might just stack them in the hallway, since the store team leaves pallets all over the floor anyway, I doubt anyone but me gives a crap about the safety violations it should be causing. the only other thing is that there are some items that i don't exactly know where they need to go (say a brand that is in multiple departments), and i don't want them to use the box being on the wrong shelf as an excuse that i messed up, when really some stuff is so vague you have no way of knowing. anyone who might use light duty for this, let me know any pointers you might have. also - i used to keep extra backer paper for maintenance, but they are giving me so much grief about every box back there (they ACTUALLY think that the signing area should be EMPTY most of the time...its like....ummm.....you do know that stuff comes in 1-2 weeks EARLY, where do you think that is going to go???) my ETL said to lose it. i tried to explain it is easier just to have it on hand, but hey, if they want things to be extra expensive, time consuming, and unnecessary, then so be it.

Backstocking signing....

My store was considering this a while ago. Anyone got anything good or bad to say about it?

At my store I actually built something along with the SFT out of wood so my signing can stand up. Its in a steel.. its bascally a large box with dividers every foot (5 of these slots) and then theres a larger area for big stuff then small cubby holes for smaller stuff... I will get a picture tomorrow and post it when I go into work... My signing (at both the stores I've worked at) is far from the fixture room...

BUT even with my signing having this nice thing I built no one grabs their own signing. I typically set ALL signing with the exception of the smaller softlines signs which typically get set late.. however I've communicated that a lot lately and it's improved.

All these things sound amazing. Our signing is right outside the fixture room and is rarely organized at all. What it is is written on the box but even then I'll spend forever back there looking for something.

My signing was in the back of the fixture room with the huge flat boxes leaning on the back wall, the large flat divided organized in slots under my shelves.
On the shelves I had the small flat boxes, square boxes and up top the backer paper.
Up in the steel I kept pallets with any weekly display pallets wrapped together.

I had the freaking SP box marked with the signs in it and the dates but I always had to go out and do them.
One of the things I was written up for was the SP signs for a ghost endcap was set but was actually being used for clearance. After a month I was cleaning up the signs and threw the signs away. They were having a visit and demanded to know where the signs were ....

Backstocking signing....

My store was considering this a while ago. Anyone got anything good or bad to say about it?

I feel like I read on here a while back that according to best practice, fixtures and signing should be located. Just wait until you start getting peghooks and softlines bars coming out in the CAFs.
Backstocking signing....

I feel like I read on here a while back that according to best practice, fixtures and signing should be located. Just wait until you start getting peghooks and softlines bars coming out in the CAFs.

Yea the sad part is when whoever goes to push it would just look at it and since they dont want to backstock it, its more than likely going to be flexed somewhere on the sales floor.

yeah I was thinking about backstocking the signing, I just wasn't sure if it'd be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back