Archived Signing posse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys! How are you guys doing? Overwhelmed yet? This week I had a Christmas 11/2 pallet, regular signing for 10/26, ordered signing, and two pallets of display Christmas trees come in. I took over signing three months ago, so I'm fairly new. Any advice on how to take on Christmas signing and Black Friday signing? What's your plan of action?

Get yourself some space to build and store things.
I don't know what they have for this year (hopefully no frelling tree for you to build) but there are usually bins by the dozen.
You're going to need someplace to put them where they won't get damaged.
Fight for some space and make sure everyone knows about it.

The more pre-prep you can get done the better.
Do an inventory, make sure you have everything. It's no fun to have to deal with ETL's who are missing signs they were told were supposed to have.
Speaking of ETL's, do your best to keep them out of your boxes - in that way lies madness.

After you do your inventory if you are missing anything order it.
And while you are at it order extra ceiling hooks and peghooks (well mostly the plastic pegs).

Have a long talk with your SFT if you haven't already.
It's good to know what they are up against and how they can help.

Get yourself some space to build and store things.
I don't know what they have for this year (hopefully no frelling tree for you to build) but there are usually bins by the dozen.
You're going to need someplace to put them where they won't get damaged.
Fight for some space and make sure everyone knows about it.

The more pre-prep you can get done the better.
Do an inventory, make sure you have everything. It's no fun to have to deal with ETL's who are missing signs they were told were supposed to have.
Speaking of ETL's, do your best to keep them out of your boxes - in that way lies madness.

After you do your inventory if you are missing anything order it.
And while you are at it order extra ceiling hooks and peghooks (well mostly the plastic pegs).

Have a long talk with your SFT if you haven't already.
It's good to know what they are up against and how they can help.

No plastic ceiling hooks for holiday overheads. They're doing a cable system this year and specifically said do not mix the cables with the plastic hooks. It's in the Trim-A-Tree transition guide.

I don't know if this applies to the overheads storewide for holiday since that part wasn't clear.

This thread should be merged with the Signing Thread...

I thought the cable system was just for the hanging Santa Claus? I'll have to re-read the transition manual. Thanks guys for all your advice.

Is there usually this much of overhead signing for Christmas?

Actually Target has been toning down the Christmas overhead signing throughout these past few years. I remember when I first did signing they had the snowflake icicles and you had to hang them every 12 feet around the whole store and in between them were these spherical balls. That was a pain to put up.

Anyone remember the weird chandelier thing that one year? I can't remember the design partnership...

How about the ribbons?
There weren't that many but building the damn things was a real joy.
Plus you had snowflakes for every aisle.

Actually Target has been toning down the Christmas overhead signing throughout these past few years. I remember when I first did signing they had the snowflake icicles and you had to hang them every 12 feet around the whole store and in between them were these spherical balls. That was a pain to put up.
After which AP had to re align over half of them to even get anything resembling a good view for the cameras.

After which AP had to re align over half of them to even get anything resembling a good view for the cameras.

LOL, AP just gave me directions over the walkie which way to move them!

How about the ribbons?
There weren't that many but building the damn things was a real joy.
Plus you had snowflakes for every aisle.

Those ribbons were the ones I was talking about! UGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back