Archived Silly question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, what exactly is a Target Greatland store and how does it differ from a regular Target? Is it just bigger?

It was an older prototype that was slightly larger. Many have been made over into Pfresh stores (added market). Some were also among the first to get pharmacies added during remods.
Also, there are NO silly questions!
Silly answers, on the other hand....

And how does a Pfresh store differ from a Super Target?

Last edited:
Pfresh = all self service, everything comes premade, sliced, etc. General merchandise store with a bigger variety of dry goods, frozen and dairy. Added produce, bakery, deli, and meat.

Super = Even more variety of everything. Has a working bakery and deli counter. Basically a full-service supermarket attached to a Target store.

Generals also had varying levels of food. Before mine went Pfresh three years ago we were new and had an expanded market with a good sized dairy and frozen area (Like 25 to 30 doors). Older stores just had a smaller dry area with five or six freezer and dairy doors.

Last edited:
Thank you. From what I remember, there isn't any food at this store, and from an outsider's perspective, I doubt they would with the Super Target quite literally 4 miles down the road.

I know a lot of stores are being remodeled to become Pfresh stores with mine being among that number, but when are they supposed to be done with the transition? I heard all the stores that are going to be remodeled would be done with the transition into Pfresh within a certain time frame, but what is that time frame? I'm just curious because I've heard that during the remodeling of my store there will be other changes besides just adding onto the food section, and those other changes are ones that I am not looking forward to if they turn out to be true.

Greatland store and how does it differ from a regular Target? Is it just bigger?

Bigger = more crap for me to fix + more walking around to keep my fat ass in check + job security
thumbsup.gif

And theres no sitty question - just silly people
rofl.gif

Reactions: NOP
GM: Basic, standard, run-of-the-mill store. General Merchandise only.
Greatland: Expanded version of a GM store. There are two entrances, like SuperTarget stores with a red/blue entrance. Guest service is on one side, and cafe is on the other. It's mainly a design seen in the North Eastern part of the US. This prototype is no longer used, and all should have been converted to p-fresh stores.
p-Fresh: New design for store layout. It can be found in GM and former Greatland stores which includes an expanded grocery section and fresh veggies & fruit/presliced meat.
SuperTarget: Two-entrance store. GM layout on one entrance, full-service grocery departments near the other entrance.

Greatlands are a thing in the past. By now, they should all have been changed to P-Fresh or Super.

Former greatlands aren't big enough to be a super. Also, electronics & pfresh are located near the front doors.

If Greatlands are a thing of the past, then either I'm going to need a time machine to get to work or the signs all over the store are wrong.

It's about 3 hours for me to drive to the nearest SuperT... Hmm...

How do I find out what kind of store mine is? I feel like we have more grocery than GM, but no produce.

How do I find out what kind of store mine is? I feel like we have more grocery than GM, but no produce.

Mine is the other way around. We have more GM than grocery, but no produce.
And reading all the differences is hurting my head. lol

How many dairy/freezer doors do you have? If you are GM you have a few, 2-10. If you are an expanded grocery GM, you have 40-90.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back