Archived Since they need to see my id...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since they need to see my id at the door before I can get in before the store opens, and these are people that signed my four year anniversary card at target, I think that from now on I'm going to check any teamleaders ids if they try to ask me a question over the walkie. Afterall, how do I know it's really them and not an intruder tresspassing on targets radio frequencies. I think it will play out a little something like this....

LOD : "Invictustaylor, what is your location?"

ME: "Sorry LOD, I'm going to need some identification, since I can't give you my location so that I may check your drivers license and discount card, can you please broadcast your team member number, date of birth, and last four digits of your social? After that, I think I can tell you my location."

Wow, I'm glad my store doesn't make us do that.
Are the folks opening door so new that they just don't know all the people who work for them?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall the first time you ask for their ID.

No it's people I have worked with nearly every day for over three years. We are told its company wide policy and it makes our stores secure. If somebody was watching as the flowteam enters the building, seeing them flash id is somehow suppose to discourage anybody from intruding.

I have a question or two? Are you wearing your name tag at the t
Door? Plus, are you a high risk store?

not a high risk store and yes name badge on. On truck days, the entire flow team gets carded at the door. They will great me by name and say I need to see your dl and discount card.

not a high risk store and yes name badge on. On truck days, the entire flow team gets carded at the door. They will great me by name and say I need to see your dl and discount card.
May I zee your papierz, pleaze?
Vee haf vays off makink you talk...
All part of Targets Brave New World. Patent Pending.

Just another reason to add the list of reasons why I no longer shop at Target (on top of having quit there recently) I hope you all will leave that cursed place soon.

Just another reason to add the list of reasons why I no longer shop at Target (on top of having quit there recently) I hope you all will leave that cursed place soon.

Me too, to be honest. I'm kind of sick of all the politics. Not to mention EIT's. They are all great people but once you get to know them and are friendly they are transferred out. :(

I haven't heard of this new policy at all... maybe they're just BSing you about it being a company-wide policy? That, or the vast majority of the stores are rejecting it.

It's not a new policy.

It's been policy for at least the last 5 years to show ID / discount card to be let in the door before opening... most stores ignore it though. If AP is around or they AP is watching remotely is about they only time they've enforced it at my store.

It probably has more to do with team members getting caned and trying to get back inside on a different shift or day to ------- wizz in the H / R's top left hand desk draw
9a8d0981.gif

It's not a new policy.

It's been policy for at least the last 5 years to show ID / discount card to be let in the door before opening... most stores ignore it though. If AP is around or they AP is watching remotely is about they only time they've enforced it at my store.

It's very rare for me to be in the building before opening, but I've never had to show ID. Other than on Black Friday last year, it's always been the ETL-HR that let me in, and he knows who I am.

You guys have to have someone open the the front door before the store opens, don't you have an employee entrance in the back or side that leads into TSC?

You guys have to have someone open the the front door before the store opens, don't you have an employee entrance in the back or side that leads into TSC?

Nope, not all store models have a TSC entrance. A lot of stores you have to go through a side door at the main entrance.

I think 08 prototypes and newer have done away with the TSC entrance.

We have a side door at the main entrance. The doors on either side of the TSC are emergency exit only. Though a shortcut would be nice on those days that I get stuck in traffic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back